- Hardcover: 305 pages
- Publisher: Knopf; 1st edition (November 2, 1991)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0394588223
- ISBN-13: 978-0394588223
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 1.5 x 12 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 44 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #62,192 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The World Of Charles Addams Hardcover – November 2, 1991
See the Best Books of 2018
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 44 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* This title includes 300 comics and 24 New Yorker covers in very large format.
* Print quality and reproduction is good; the 24 covers are color and sprinkled periodically through the book
* All these comics demonstrate Addams' grim and delightful wit
* It is important to note, however, that while the Addams family is pictured on the cover, they only comprise about 10% of the total comics. So do not be fooled into thinking this is at all focused on this one particular family unit. This is a broad survey of Addams' work not one centered on that family we all know so well.
Because of the subtleties of his art, gray washes sometimes turning near black and obscuring parts of the cartoon, it takes a real effort to reproduce Addams' artwork to the standard it deserves. That being said, the cartoons look better in this book than they do in The New Yorker's digital reproductions from their complete cartoons collection.
Now, if only some astute publisher would put out the entire collection of Addams work...
And this is just a fun book to own, especially if you like to laugh or are an artist. You will get countless hours of entertainment in the cartoons here, which are really quite simple depictions of the macabre. Somehow, I imagine this book as being the one I'd take to the hospital for an overnight stay. (You could appreciate it even more on an IV drip...)