Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on November 9, 2016
I know my opinion doesn't really matter and video games don't really matter. Only people and life matter.
With that said this game is the best freaking thing I have played---possibly ever.

I know some people prefer to have an RTS that is all about strategy and thinking. I think this game has a lot of room for strategic creativity but that is not why I like it.

I play these games for the detail and I look for realism in scale. That is why I like Tom Clancy's End War.
World In Conflict has even more detail and interaction with the environment. Your effect and mark on the environment is more detailed and lasting in this game. I know a lot of people think it's lame but I really like this game because of the nuke. The detail and life-cycle of the explosion is more true to life than most other games I've seen.

I was also impressed by the story they fit into the cut scenes with the very cool Photoshop paintings.
The story makes you think about the soldiers and reminds you that real people have devoted their lives to being soldiers becasue of what they believe in. It is good to be reminded of this if we are going to play a game like this.
on February 8, 2013
This is definitely one of the best strategy games of all time. It has a riveting story line, a wide variety of missions, and plenty (but not too many) different kinds of units. I love that you just focus on the mission without having to gather resources, build facilities, and conduct other non-combat functions that bog down so many other strategy games. I also love the rotating camera zoom functions. And the graphics are still outrageously good even today.
on December 12, 2011
It's that good! Just kidding. Actually, the game is very good. I remember the last decade of the Cold War very well and this is a lot of fun for that reason alone. You can really get tactical with this game and the equipment is pretty accurate. Just make sure you have all of your important things done before you get started. ;-)
on August 14, 2013
When I started the game ,it dropped you right in to the action. The soviets have invaded Seattle, and you are tasked with helping as many soldiers as possible make a semi-organised retreat. After that it jumps between US and Soviet missions. After a major event in the story (I won't spoil it), you do ~6 missions in a flashback from before the invasion.

It would have gotten five stars if it wasn't for the fact that there are not as many soviet missions as one might expect, and one for every two US missions. The missions are relatively diverse, and the combat is full little things that you pick up over time. There are not many multiplayer games, but there are enough. Overall, it is a very good game, and I definitely think that if you like games such as CoH or you are tired of the old base building RTS style, you should give this game a try. it is about 8-12 hours long, depending on your level of skill.
on July 26, 2016
For a very old game this game is awesome even the way how you can see your airstrikes and artillery coming in is absolutely stunning I love strategy games like this unfortunately they Dont make games like this anymore but, I do wish you could change the graphics settings on the tanks and troops to see what they look like in high detail. I highly recommend this game to everyone for me it works great on windows 10 with no crashes what so ever.
on January 29, 2017
This is a great game! Just be aware that if you have the Soviet version, you also have the "complete addition"
I bought this thinking I was missing events from the original. All events are intertwined and I'm not missing anything. Just cost me $10 to learn that.
If you already have the Soviet version, don't waste your money.
on September 2, 2013
I've been a real time strategy gamer since I can remember but a game such as this is hard to find even though you never thought it would be good or even existed. Awesome story to a game that needs to be brought back to the present in a newer engine and light. From the story to the gameplay, World in Conflict is a piece of strategy history that will always have room no matter what.
on June 20, 2014
World in conflict although nearly 7 years old by now is still a tremendous game. It has a small but dedicated community. There are players who played nearly 7 years and 26000 games and are still willing to help the new players out. There are many ways to be good at this game.
on June 3, 2016
The game kept crashing on Win 7. Amazon did refund my money.
on May 25, 2017
An excellent game, even though it's a classic it has a better plot and better gameplay than most games out now.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.