About the Product
- New Single-Player Campaign - For the first time, play as the Soviet army and follow the global invasion from the perspective of the motherland. World in Conflict - Soviet Assault continues the franchise's tradition of gripping, Hollywood-quality voice-over performances, tense and emotional storylines and cinematic storytelling methods.
- SOVIET ASSAULT -- New Maps - World in Conflict - Soviet Assault's award-winning multiplayer modes get more maps to facilitate the intense team-based battles.
- Action-Focused Gameplay - The game's unique design removes base- building, resource gathering and tech trees in favor of fast, hard- hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions - much like an FPS - creating a new genre - Action-Strategy.
- Player Roles - Players chose to command units from Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air roles; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Real World Super-Powered Warfare - Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
For those who already have the original game, you can find the six new singleplayer missions from Soviet Assault separately for $14.99-$19.99. If you liked the singleplayer, these missions are even better, and in my opinion, well worth it.
If you already have the original World in Conflict, and you don't care about singleplayer, Massive Entertainment released all of the multiplayer additions from Soviet Assault (two new maps, tweaks, etc) COMPLETELY FREE, all you have to do is download Patch #10.
Even you enjoy strategy games, and you haven't tried World in Conflict before, now is your chance!
I didn't give it all 5 stars because it is so fast paced it can be frustrating to manage your units, your fire support, your resupply options all while trying to hold one point that is being attacked while trying to take another.
Graphics and audio in this game are, quite frankly, awesome. Units are modeled in extreme detail and the environment is amazing. Cutscenes are done excellently and the story-line is actually believable. I've also heard of CTDs and other performance issues, but for me it has run smooth as butter.
Gameplay, on the other hand, is completely not what I had anticipated. Whereas I expected a Close Combat style game, I got a Command & Conquer. They call it a Real-Time Strategy, but there is no strategy involved in this game. It's basically throwing your units into combat as fast as you can replace them and ordering air and artillery strikes and...well, that's it.
It's fun for a little while, but any serious war-gamer will be bored after an hour or two.
As for the game, it is excellent and full of atmosphere plus easy to get into to. The Complete Edition has all the campaigns from the original World in Conflict plus all 6 campaigns from the Soviet Assault Expansion. It plays out as one whole game which you mainly play as the US forces but also gives you the chance to see the game from the Russian point of view and also play it as the Russians. This adds even more atmosphere and gives a whole new depth to the game.
If you haven't played this game then go ahead and give it a try!
As for the product, this is a classic example of a large studio (Ubisoft) buying out a smaller one and trying to repackage their games. Installation software on Windows 7 was very poor, the key that came with the game didn't work, and I had to download the updates to keep the game from crashing. If you really want this game, try to find it in its orginal format. Even at $10, I'm disappointed with this product and the headache it has caused.
No need to go into more detail as there are plenty of reviews here and on professional sites, and at the current price, this is a game that should be added to any RTS fan's library.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a really good RTS game. It takes place in the 80's and has a few bits of 80's nostalgia sprinkled throughout the cutscenes.Published 11 months ago by Dave
World in Conflict...what can I say, even in 2015 this is still a pretty looking RTS. Graphics aside, how’s the gameplay - you know, the thing that actually matters. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Jason Wagner
I had to have this only due to I'm an old school gamer I just wish it was updated to work on the new windows 64bit systems. Read morePublished 16 months ago by KENANTHONYREPAIR
the cd key that came with it didnt work, it kept saying that it was invalid. i looked online and tried out every listed option to try and get it to work.Published 16 months ago by Jose Vazquez