- File Size: 4942 KB
- Print Length: 42 pages
- Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (September 24, 2013)
- Publication Date: September 24, 2013
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CKOV7I8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#12,113 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #10 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Girls & Women
- #26 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- #39 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
Price set by seller.
The World of Divergent: The Path to Allegiant (Divergent Series) Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Why I gave it two stars instead of the minimum 1...
Because it was free and because I'm sure the Insurgent fanatics out there will gobble up every morsel in this document (note it is NOT a short story or novella). There is a discussion of the author's opinion regarding Utopian vs. Dystopian, how the author chose to name each faction, a multiple choice quiz to determine what faction you would match, and manifestos for each faction.
Ah, and as for a "preview" of the next release? Ha! You get some "never-before-seen quotes" from Allegiant. Big Whoop! How insulting to her readers that paid for the other books in her trilogy. There is a notation on the cover "Featuring a first look at Allegiant" which consists of 8 quotes on artwork backgrounds as the "first look". Brings to mind the saying always read the fine print. Normally I have found a "first look" is a chapter or two or three or a significant number of pages in the case of long chapters, but that is only because I've never before run across about 16-24 sentences being classified as a "first look". I get more from looking at the back cover or flaps of books.
So I leave this one to the fanatics only. Now that I'm looking over it again, it is not even worth the minuscule space it takes on my kindle as a freebie.
Format: FREE eBook
This book starts off with content written by Roth talking about utopian worlds vs. dystopian worlds as well as some information about the factions and how she chose their names. The novella then jumps into a quiz you can take which will determine which faction you are suited for, followed by descriptions of each. Then there are the faction manifestos which are interesting to read. Lastly there are quotes by the characters from Allegiant.
I can see how this would be interesting if not exciting to read for someone who hasn't yet obtained a copy of Allegiant. Had I known about it while I was waiting to borrow a copy of Allegiant of the library, it would have been interesting (except for the fact that half of the 'content' is in the back of the Divergent paperback).
It is free on Amazon, so it can't hurt to get it and look through it, but if you've already read the book, don't waste your time :)
Wondering what faction you're in? I have already taken this quiz previously, but it was fun to see if my faction had changed since the last time I took the quiz. Needless to say, I'm still a member of Amity and proud. The 3rd and final part of the book includes teasers from Allegiant that will definitely rekindle fans' burning questions about what will happen in Allegiant. The teasers aren't the best that I have seen, but they do a great job of making readers yearn for Allegiant. I wished this little short had some Divergent movie exclusives, but I guess I can't complain because it's free.
This is definitely a must-read for fans of Divergent! I would definitely purchase it ASAP because who knows how long it will be free!
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Girls & Women
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Girls & Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction