Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on September 27, 2007
This is the first expansion pack to the incredibly popular online game "World of Warcraft", or "WoW", which is required to use this product. As far as MMO expansion packs go, Blizzard really focuses on quality, not quantity, which is great, both in terms of making the game experience enjoyable, as well as not trying to get as much money from their customers as possible.

This expansion introduced many substantial changes in the mechanics of WoW, so if you quit the game before BC (Burning Crusade) was released and are looking to return, quite a bit will be different. Many of these changes were for the better; for example, the introduction of competitive pvp arenas has revitalized and greatly increased the quality of pvp (there are even some WoW pvp tournaments for money now). Like any MMO, the very end-game content is still often bugged, unbalanced, or improperly tuned, but these problems are really only experienced by less than 1% of the player base. What makes WoW and BC so great is the sheer variety of polished content there is to experience. The properly tested content is lots of fun, and many people will tell you that this game, like many MMOs, is very addictive. Whether that's good or bad I'll leave for you to decide.

So why only four stars, instead of five? For me, the greatest drawback of this game is the dramatic shift in the style of this game when you reach the maximum level (currently, level 70). Up until level 70, it's possible to enjoy all the content by yourself, or casually in pick up groups of five. But at level 70, content becomes very group-oriented, which can come as a surprise to many people, and finding a regular group of reasonably skilled and dedicated players becomes more important. If you want to experience the end-game raid content (for groups of 10 or 25 players), then this becomes absolutely essential. Unfortunately, Blizzard does not offer great guild support, either in-game or on its websites, which can make experiencing end-game raid content difficult and possibly even frustrating for many people. As a result, the depth of gameplay which you can only experience in organized, large groups, can be unnecessarily difficult for many players to see first-hand.

Nevertheless, there's still plenty to do and enjoy in this game. If you're new to WoW, odds are it will take you anywhere from 300 - 700 hours of gameplay to reach the maximum level, so it's probably still worth the money to buy WoW/BC if you're new. World of Warcraft will keep you plenty busy, and it'll give you the chance to spend lots of quality time with your friends, or give you the chance to meet many new friends online.
on January 17, 2007
I preordered my copy next day air and received on the release day around 2PM my time so the expansion was waiting for me when I got home. Download took about an hour and included 2 patches which were relatively slow due to the fact there were probably many other people trying to access the same connection.

When I logged in and began playing I did not expereince any sorts of issues except a few bugged quests although I did have some people mention the servers had gone down for short periods earlier in the day. As with any new game there is going to be downtime to be sure everything works as it should, even the best tested software can be found to have bugs when put into full production.

BC is all I hoped it would be and more! Having been at level 60 for a while and seen a lot of the end game content, I am happy to see the opportunity to level up and accomplish something new.

This is a definate must have for anyone who likes WoW, just be careful not to become too addicted. :)
on May 17, 2017
World of Warcraft is designed to be playable by the once a week player or the die hard gamer. However, once you've hit those first levels, once you beat your first boss, I don't know how once a week will be enough! There is simply so much to explore and do, that getting to the limit cap will seem like a whirlwind. Don't be afraid to try everything, mix it up, classes, races, professions, they all benefit you and they all make it fun. Good Hunting!
on October 17, 2016
I bought this product expecting the full-sized box edition (~ 1' thick) and was surprised when I opened the box to find the slim-sized box edition (~ 6" thick). Additionally, the box has major wearing on all edges.

However, the box is still factory sealed so that was nice.
on May 6, 2007
I have fun playing this, but found the original more captivating. I was disappointed with the size of the new world, felt it was too small and was easy to explore very quickly. As for the new raid content, I consider it to be too complicated and elaborate in the extremely long chain of events that you have to accomplish just to move into each new raid dungeon. I also don't like the fact that you have to grind forever in the various 5 mans to get rep to unlock heroic mode to be able to get keys to various higher level raid dungeons. Grinding is the most boring thing in the world to me and this game has way too much of it. Overall, enjoyed a lot of the new world content but the elaborate raid system eventually drove me out of the game due to boredom.
on July 12, 2010
I bought the original World of Warcraft right before this expansion came out and was amazed to see it was more that I had thought so I bought this expansion and it did not disappoint either. Great game and really fun too! I now have Wrath of the Lich King and have pre-ordered Cataclysm. Thank you!
on May 21, 2017
Great love it
on August 29, 2007
I purchased this game for my son. The folks at customer support warned me that they hear about kids getting hooked on the game and spending too much time on it. I can see how that can be true. My son had tried a number of on-line computer and other platform games. This one seems to be one of the best with the most value for the money (other than ones that do not have a subscription).

Again, do be careful, I have seen kids and some parents getting hooked on playing this game.
on February 8, 2008
After a year off from World of Warcraft to focus on my newborn daughter, my friends pulled me back in with the promise of more classes, higher levels, better gear, and greater rewards. The Burning Crusade expansion does all of this. I was worried that I'd be lost in the game, but it's like riding a bicycle; just jump on and muscle memory does the rest. My level 60 Troll Warrior was ready to go and experience the new content and let's just say I was more than amazed. Within minutes, I was garnering equipment that far surpassed my current gear. If you play WoW, this is a must have expansion!
on March 21, 2010
Brought this for my daughter and her BF. They both enjoy WoW a lot! If the screen was the size of my TV I would enjoy playing this also (reading the small print on the monitor equals can't see what needs to be done-the details to move the game play along). I can make out and watch the characters they develop, clearing out dungeons and completing quests (I ask)not forgetting PvP mode (player versus player mode). You can only level up to 70 in this second part of WoW. Need the Lich King to continue on to the 80th level. it's a very good game.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.