Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 20, 2016
I once ate an average of 2-3 animal products (flesh or secretions) in every meal I ate, until I was guided to the truth of animal agriculture when I became life-long friends with a vegan marathoner and my now-wife who was raised vegetarian and together we became vegan. It took me four years to slowly taper back my consumption of animal parts, until finally eliminating the "option" permanently. Despite the past 6 years of life experience, comuning with animals, growing plants and perusing self-education, this book taught me the depth of the issue in our minds and our daily lives. I am afraid readers might write this off assuming that the author believes eliminating animal agriculture and enslavement will solve everything. To anyone who would interpret in this light, this book examines a root cause of the problems that are the symptoms of an illness. A head ache is terrible and so are the problems in this world, but let us treat the illness. After reading this I am dedicated to lovingly oppose this culture of commodifying and manipulating living things. Let's leave nature be and embrace it!
on October 12, 2015
We are passionate about animals and their rights to live out full lives and not be used for food or any other products. This is the most important book I have read in my 82 plus years. Whether a person is vegan or not, this book is for those who love people and any or all animal lives. Personally, I recommend this book with 6 stars. Also, recommend readers read Gary Francione's EAT LIKE YOU CARE and Judy Carmen's PEACE TO ALL BEINGS.
on October 12, 2016
This book has a valuable and original viewpoint, and although parts got a bit repetitive, it was well-written. I could see it being used as part of a high school or college course. One controversial aspect to the book is Tuttle's description of the "vibrations" of a food based on its history, which might turn off some skeptical readers. For all I know, there may be something to the New Age concept of "vibrations", but it would be challenging to experimentally verify Tuttle's claims about them. There do exist studies where praying for plants helped them grow better, but the case for "food karma" is mostly theoretical.
on May 27, 2015
Dr. Will Tuttle's writing style will change your mind about any worries regarding being vegan or vegetarian. It begs the question that if we are merciful, compassionate human beings, how could we ever kill or take the life of any animal in order to feed our greed in diet ? The book creates sympathy & understanding of how we get our food, & the morals behind every bite that will change after reading this. It will change your viewpoint on this, one way or the other. AND if you go to YouTube & his website (www.WorldPeaceDiet.com) you'll be pleasantly surprised by his inspirational music for sale, & sensational recipes & paintings/illustrations by his wife Madeline.
on April 7, 2016
A stunning read and a life challening book. The truth of it made me cry. It also made me stop with the meat and the dairy. Will Tuttle has nailed it on so many levels. The environment and how our habits are influencing it every day. Illustrates on a deep level how these habits damage our health. He painstakingly illustrates the effect that our every day choices have on continuing to support women oppression, as well as covering animals - their story from birth to a dinner plate. Please buy this book and 'take it in'. Not an easy read - b u t an important one! The most important knowledge for physical, spiritual, cosmic and heart health you will find. Rippling effects will be vast when we know. Somehow this just needs to be a compulsory read. Knowing what's in this book can bring peace to our world.
on May 17, 2015
If you’re a person wondering what Veganism is and why Veganism even exists, this book is the best one I’ve read of many. Also, I cannot emphasize enough that if you already are a Vegan, you need to read this to fully round out your approach on being an effective and proactive representative using respect and love toward all along the way. You will quickly see that Dr. Tuttle’s knowledge and compassion work together to take you on a journey that is not commonplace in Vegan writings. Sometimes I had to take pause when he seemed to be in a zone with his eloquent writing. Please, please do read this book.
on June 2, 2014
I became a vegetarian after reading this book over three months ago, not quite vegan yet (I still have milk in my tea and the occasional egg from my spoilt pet chickens, but definitely getting there.

I feel perfectly healthy and have the same if not more energy. But more importantly it has lifted the 'cognitive dissonance' that blocked my thinking or "spiritually" as spoken about in this book by Will Tuttle. I somehow avoided thinking about what animals went through and the environmental foot print involved in eating meat, even though I am an environmental and wildlife activist? Somehow, my subconscious allowed me to think that farmed animals didn't really count. Their suffering didn't matter, as it did for wild animals.

As the old Spike Milligan quote goes "A in a cage puts all heaven in a rage, but how feels heaven when dies the billionth battery hen?"

Thank you Will Tuttle for this great book.
on March 18, 2010
The World Peace Diet by Dr. Will Tuttle is the most thorough book ever written on the lifestyle and food choices humans make on a daily basis. He gives incredible, well-researched details about the food systems we have created in the U.S. and around the world and how these impact negatively on humans and animals. I have been a plant based eater for 20 years, have read every book possible on this subject, but learned a great deal more by Dr. Tuttle's book. He shows the food systems in place which are perpetuated from a child's earliest exposure to food by mom's cooking, as well as by the millions of dollars spent by the dairy, meat (including fish), or eggs on advertising. He writes about the chronic diseases we are dying from as a result of the indifference of the medical community to take action to educate patients. He exposes the subsidies by the government for the meat, dairy, egg even though we are nutritionally best fed by eating a plant based diet. We are feeding our children the food stemming from violence and cruelty. Those who care about their health, the health of their children, the welfare of the sentient beings, and our soils, oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, or air, must read this definitive, inspirational book!
on December 15, 2014
If you are looking for a reason to transition to a plant based diet, Wil Tuttle covers them all; compassion, health, environment and spiritual growth. He also makes a most profound comparison between what we do to the animals and what we have created in human society and describes how we can never have world peace until we stop dominating, abusing, torturing and murdering animals. Read this book, it will have a profound impact on your life and your food choices! I bought several to give out as Christmas gifts because our world needs to change now, before it's too late and we must each plant the seeds of compassion and positive change. All life is sacred, we are all one, make the choice to benefit us; humans, animals, planet.
on February 8, 2014
I love this book. For me it connects all of the dots. Most of us start off changing our diet for our own health reasons, but there is so much more to it. Dr. Tuttle beautifully describes the ethical and spiritual journey that becomes available to us when we are living more in harmony with our fellow living creatures and nature herself.