Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2016
This book has a valuable and original viewpoint, and although parts got a bit repetitive, it was well-written. I could see it being used as part of a high school or college course. One controversial aspect to the book is Tuttle's description of the "vibrations" of a food based on its history, which might turn off some skeptical readers. For all I know, there may be something to the New Age concept of "vibrations", but it would be challenging to experimentally verify Tuttle's claims about them. There do exist studies where praying for plants helped them grow better, but the case for "food karma" is mostly theoretical.
on June 2, 2014
I became a vegetarian after reading this book over three months ago, not quite vegan yet (I still have milk in my tea and the occasional egg from my spoilt pet chickens, but definitely getting there.

I feel perfectly healthy and have the same if not more energy. But more importantly it has lifted the 'cognitive dissonance' that blocked my thinking or "spiritually" as spoken about in this book by Will Tuttle. I somehow avoided thinking about what animals went through and the environmental foot print involved in eating meat, even though I am an environmental and wildlife activist? Somehow, my subconscious allowed me to think that farmed animals didn't really count. Their suffering didn't matter, as it did for wild animals.

As the old Spike Milligan quote goes "A in a cage puts all heaven in a rage, but how feels heaven when dies the billionth battery hen?"

Thank you Will Tuttle for this great book.
on May 7, 2013
Dr. Will Tuttle makes a complete and compelling case that there is absolutely no reason (other than conditioning and ignorance) for sensient beings to be killed by humans for human or animal consumption, while also convincing us that there are multitudinous physical, emotional, spiritual and ecological reasons that they should simply be considered fellow companions on our beautiful planet, and deserve kindness and compassion, honor and reverence.

Simultaneously, his open-hearted, compassionate writing teaches that activism need not be painful for the activist or the pre-vegan population, that we are all evolving, and that kindness within education is very effective.

Most importantly, however, is the iteration that our world will never know peace until we make the connection between the violence on our plates perpetrated on defenseless creatures to the violence perpetrated throughout the world on each other.

I'm very glad my eyes are open now and i will carry the message in my heart and on my tongue and of course on my own plate.
on April 7, 2016
A stunning read and a life challening book. The truth of it made me cry. It also made me stop with the meat and the dairy. Will Tuttle has nailed it on so many levels. The environment and how our habits are influencing it every day. Illustrates on a deep level how these habits damage our health. He painstakingly illustrates the effect that our every day choices have on continuing to support women oppression, as well as covering animals - their story from birth to a dinner plate. Please buy this book and 'take it in'. Not an easy read - b u t an important one! The most important knowledge for physical, spiritual, cosmic and heart health you will find. Rippling effects will be vast when we know. Somehow this just needs to be a compulsory read. Knowing what's in this book can bring peace to our world.
on January 24, 2014
World Peace Diet showed me why the world is so violent and competitive and what I can personally do about it. This book helped me see my role in the world. It gave me peace of mind and hope for the world. It is a powerful book about love, compassion and ourselves. It's a message that has the potential to save mankind in a world that is awakening to change.
on November 12, 2016
This book will change you provided you already possess a few prerequisites.
1. You care about all living creatures.
2. You understand the concept of duality and the need to eliminate it.
3. You do not wish to cause suffering.
4. You do not wish to suffer.
Absolutely pitch perfect in tone, research, examples and like other reviewers have said not a 'diet' book, interesting title, probably because other non 'diet' type titles would not get the draw that this has. This is a life changing book, hopefully the lives that change aren't just the people that read the book but the animals we collectively slaughter in a ghastly daily holocaust of abject misery and hell.
I also recommend watching this video posted below before starting the book, it's actually referenced in the back of the book and the 12 minute video will do well to set the tone and hopefully affect the much needed change...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2014
If you are looking for a reason to transition to a plant based diet, Wil Tuttle covers them all; compassion, health, environment and spiritual growth. He also makes a most profound comparison between what we do to the animals and what we have created in human society and describes how we can never have world peace until we stop dominating, abusing, torturing and murdering animals. Read this book, it will have a profound impact on your life and your food choices! I bought several to give out as Christmas gifts because our world needs to change now, before it's too late and we must each plant the seeds of compassion and positive change. All life is sacred, we are all one, make the choice to benefit us; humans, animals, planet.
on July 18, 2015
This book is truly inspirational. The World Peace Diet is a transformational journey that reawakens the heart to our true, compassionate nature, dismantles our hereditary food choices, and raises awareness on creating more harmonious relationships with ourselves, all animals (human and nonhuman), and the environment. My heart was changed forever after reading this book! Eye and heart-opening!
on May 1, 2013
Dr. Tuttle's book brings home how what we eat affects the way we look at, and live out our lives. Dr.Tuttle points out that the sacredness of life begins with all creatures, we are all living beings, with the same rights to live out our lives in peace. Human beings by eating meat, and being cruel to animals in any way senstize themselves to cruetly, and to insensitivity in all areas of life. We perpetuate our insensitivity and cruelty to human beings beginning with our insensitivty and cruelt to animals. Besides the health benefits of being vegan this is the most important aspect of veganism--we become what we eat. Dr.Tuttle teachs respect for all living beings.
on December 29, 2015
Very interesting book that calls on everyone to follow a plant based diet in order to quite literally save the world. The parts that elucidate the abuse of animals were a bit difficult, albeit important for all to know. I found these parts to be a bit repetitive but for me, respect for animals is the main idea behind veganism.

The links to religious doctrine were enlightening. I didn't agree with all his points, however the author has no doubt written a very important book.