Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(1 star). See all 126 reviews
on November 13, 2012
Another Christie Golden novel. That sums it up. No matter how many times I've said it, it will never be enough: Christie Golden is as boring as hell and is a taint on Blizzard's name. She manages to transform a magical universe with deep and interesting characters into a very simple and tasteless world.

I purchased this novel knowing all this because I am one of the craziest Blizzard fans. I knew what I was getting into, but at least I expected some insightful lore, for example some insight into Deathwing's feeling and motives, or at least an elegant story about the aspects and the dragons which meshes together with the lore found within the game itself; But I found none. No significant lore events, long boring conversations, and the usual moment in Golden's books where she keeps building up to a mysterious puzzle or prophecy, only to resolve it with a very silly and simple revelation that is treated like the ultimate 'Eureka'.

As usual the races all feel very similar and flattened. Golden keeps stressing on the fact that the dragons are different from the other races and have their own perspectives of the universe, but ironically she fails the most in giving them any sense of uniqueness. The dragons feel like very normal humans in regards to personalities and thoughts.

Unless you have a compulsive need to buy anything and everything that is remotely affiliated with Blizzard, avoid this novel at all costs.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 11, 2011
This is, without doubt, the worst novel I have read. Reads like a grade school essay. Blizzard has so many great writers to choose from. Why they approved this book is beyond me. I wish I can get my time I spent reading this back.
on July 19, 2011
Having never read Golden's work outside the Warcraft universe I will refrain from commenting on her ability as a writer in the broader sense. Within that universe, however, Golden has consistently delivered melodramatic, childish prose with largely absurd twists and convenient plot elements covering for a lack of any respect for the characters or lore set she is writing. This title, along with the recent Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, are poorly written by any standard, and even moreso considering the lack of effort required to invent backstory, plot elements, and characters in an original work. Even with canned sets of these, pages of previously written lore to draw upon, Golden delivers flat, stale narratives again and again within the Warcraft setting.

Like any of her previous books in the Warcraft lore, take a pass on this one and save yourself a headache unless you're a major fan and just want to know the story for a sense of completion.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2011
Poorly written and far away from the high standards of the games.
I can't recommend this or any other Warcraft related work from Christie Golden.
Her former work "The Shattering" was actually the worst book I ever read and I read allot.
I can't imagine how she was able to get this Contract from Blizzard. And why they didn't hired a good writer.
The only thing which is selling these books is the Brand.