Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 421 reviews
on July 5, 2014
Hmm this was..what, the second expansion to World of Warcraft? First there was the vanilla game,
then Burning Crusade (which introduced the "outlands") then Wrath of the Lich King which introduced
the continent of Northrend, then Cataclysm (which changed the map), then Pandaria (yet another
new continent). Coming soon is something about Draeni. Anyhow, if you buy the collector's
edition of the game (either physical or digital) you get certain bonuses. The main bonus to me is
the special pets or mounts with each expansion. Turned out I only bought the vanilla version of
this expansion, and I wanted the battle pet that came with the collector's edition. With the physical
collector's edition you get other stuff like an art book, sound track, mouse pad etc.

I have to say Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King were my favorite expansions to this game.
I really didn't care much for the map changes with cataclysm, and Pandaria seemed a bit
uninspiring for me (it seems to cater heavily toward a Chinese customer base). We'll see how
the latest Draeni expansion is, when it comes out. I got my pet--that's all I care about from this!
on July 3, 2017
Thank you Amazon for providing release day shipping and not overcharging.

This is a an excellent package of collector's edition goodness. The Papa Hummel's Pet Biscuit loot card is a pleasant surprise.

The game has not disappointed.
on April 15, 2014
Found an old vanilla WoW box set and burning Crusades box set at my local thrift store for $1.50 each. Having already bought the Cataclysm and Mists boxes, I thought I may as well try to find WotLK to complete my box set collection. I purchased this on April 10, expected it to show up between April 17 and May 2 (the estimated time of arrive). However, it showed up yesterday (April 14th) which really surprised me. The seller must have dropped everything and shipped it immediately. I purchased a "new" copy of this, but I honestly expected it to have SOME scratches from sitting around for so long, but no. It came just as promised, brand new with not a single scratch on it. It's in better condition than my MoP box I bought a year and a half ago. The product is great and the seller really tries to get it to you asap. This is perfect for anyone wanting to complete their WoW expansion box set collection.
on February 11, 2015
DO NOT BUY! With the newest dlc release for wow (the warlords of draenor) you automatically get all the content in every expansion expect the warlords of draenor. This means that the "free" game time and the content that comes with the wrath of the lich king expansion can't be used and is pointless to buy. You redeem the game time onto your account (although you do get two guest passes that will allow you to make two alternate accounts and use the game time that way but there is no point in that given it is free until level 20.) So really unless you are a collector of some sorts this item has zero value.
on August 13, 2013
WotLK is the pinnacle of the WoW franchise. The richest story driven content and best end game raids. Sad to say that the changes to game play that Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria brought us has killed the expansion. It still has great storyline, but the raids have been nerfed and the character creation/development is too over simplified. Most players on retail just blow through levels 70-80 and no longer enjoy the engrossing storyline, environment, and challenge that this expansion provided back when it was recent content. The new WoW is pretty much junk since Activision bought Blizzard and pumped it full of "make it look good, give them a lot to do, but make it easy" content and game play. My advice is if you never got to enjoy WotLK as recent content, get your friends together and look to a private server to get the full experience.
on January 27, 2010
After 2 years, I journeyed back down the rabbit hole to see what's going on.

A patch that came down the tubes fiddled with the leveling mechanics; it supposedly takes 1/2 the time to get from level 1 to level 60 now. I haven't seen any of it, and I'm still stuck up against the same brick wall in the 40-45 range.

There is a TON of new content, including the new class that new players don't get to touch until they get a character to 55. I borrowed a friends account and tried it out. I wasn't particularly impressed with the new mechanics of the class, but I have seen a marked drop in the number of requests for rolls that used to be filled by other classes, so I do know they are all out there somewhere.

I find this expansion bittersweet, as Blizzard are at the end of their lore rope as set out in Warcraft III Battle Chest (That's both the original and the expansion, which people still play online. Yes, I just shamelessly plugged WC3, so what.) The latest patch (3.3) adds Icecrown Citadel, in which players inch ever closer to fighting the big bad Arthas himself. (Again, hearsay, stuck in my leveling efforts.)

In the end, it's very much like the product I put down 2 years ago, and it's great fun. It can also sneak up on all your free time and devour it. If you've got time and a spare $15 for the subscription, go for it. If you have friends, doubly so, WoW is very much a social game, and Northrend is a lot more fun with two people.
on March 27, 2017
just love playing this game..
on April 13, 2017
great to collect this boxes and well the game is perfect i love it.
on May 19, 2013
MMORPG's have reached their peak. There is barely any new content in these games now. This one is no different, it just gave Blizzard and excuse to change game mechanics once again and increase everything with bigger numbers and recycle some less frequently used skins.
on September 24, 2009
I completely enjoy what blizzard has done with the wrath of the Lich king. The look and feel of the game is excellently done , the new class is a lot of fun , and the new zones are a blast. The updates to the game are always adding and tweaking but the core of this expansion has remained true. They have added an entire continent of ground to cover and have more than ample storyline to carry you through each area and on to the next as you level your characters in Northrend. The collectors edition is a worthwhile purchase as you get a taste of the card game, the sound track, a mouse pad and map(please dont taste the map). And in my opinion the best part is the included artbook.
I play very casually and while it has almost been a year since release I still have fun in the expansion as do my friends that play easily 5 times more than I do. I still find quests that have surprising or just plain fun endings and run into npc characters that poke fun at movies and games that most people will know.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.