Your Memberships & Subscriptions
World's Scariest Places: Volume Two: Helltown & Island of the Dolls Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
"The perfect antidote to a restful night's sleep, The Sleep Experiment is a fast-paced thriller that will keep the pages turning late into the night" ‒ Steven Sayers, author of THE SOUL DWELLER
"Jeremy Bates is a skilled weaver of nightmares" ‒ Ambrose Ibsen, author of THEHAUNTING OF BEACON HILL
"Jeremy Bates knows scary. You're going to have a good time with whatever he writes" ‒ Jeff Menapace, author of BAD GAMES
"A compelling and provocative read. One cannot help but wonder how important sleep really is" ‒ Booklist
"[Bates] is the real deal. He is a bit of a mix of Stephen King and Richard Laymon. You won't regret your purchase" ‒ Amazon Top Contributor
"I keep hearing this author being compared to the likes of Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I think [he] should be known for his OWN style of writing" ‒ Amazon Reviewer
"Will remind readers what chattering teeth sound like" ‒ Kirkus Reviews
"Voracious readers of horror will delightfully consume the contents of Bates's World's Scariest Places books" ‒ BookLife Prize
"Creatively creepy and sure to scare"‒ The Japan Times
"Thriller fans and readers of Stephen King, Joe Lansdale, and other masters of the art will find much to love" ‒ Midwest Book Review
"An ice-cold thriller full of mystery, suspense, fear" ‒ David Moody, author of HATER and AUTUMN
"I have long been a fan of Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Frank Peretti and I feel confident that I can now add Jeremy Bates to that list" ‒ Jennifer Wilson, Reader Views
"Reads like a combination of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Clive Barker" ‒ Diane Donovan, Midwest Book Review
"A page-turner in the true sense of the word" ‒ HorrorAddicts
"Will make your skin crawl" ‒ Scream Magazine
"Shocking" ‒ Booklist
"Told with an authoritative voice full of heart and insight" ‒ Richard Thomas, Bram Stoker nominated author
"Grabs and doesn't let go until the end" ‒ Writer's Digest
"A horror writer to watch" ‒ True Review
"Bates offers a truly chilling tale that reminds readers that humans can be the worst type of monster to fear, after all" ‒ BookLife Prize
"Would make a great screenplay!"‒ Suspense Magazine
"Bates doesn't miss a trick" ‒ Glenn Kleier, New York Times bestselling author
"Bates knows how to creep into his reader's mind and toy around" ‒ Horror Palace
"Something to give you chills before you go to bed" ‒ San Francisco Book Review
"Excellent!" ‒ Andrew Peterson, international bestselling author of FIRST TO KILL
"Spellbinding" ‒ Bestsellersworld
"Will delight horror fans who want their novels steeped in psychological suspense as well as action" ‒ Midwest Book Review
"Invites you to read it in one sitting" ‒ Hellnotes
From the Author
The World's Scariest Places Series:
- Suicide Forest - The bad news is they're lost. There is no good news.
- The Catacombs - As close to hell as you're likely ever going to get.
- Helltown - The luckiest die first and fast. The others, well...
- Island of the Dolls - Come and see the dolls, but don't expect to leave alive.
- Mountain of the Dead - Freezing to death is the least of their worries.
- Hotel Chelsea - The most haunted hotel in America.
- Mosquito Man - Are you afraid of the dark? You should be.
- The Sleep Experiment - You'll never think about sleep the same way again.
- The Man from Taured - Where did he come from? Where will he go?
- New America: Utopia Calling - A brave new world.
- White Lies - You never know where a lie may lead...
- The Taste of Fear - In the jungle, no one can hear you scream.
- Black Canyon - The new face of evil.
- Run - You can run but you can't hide.
- Rewind - Nothing is what it seems.
- Neighbors - You never know what kind of psycho may be living next door.
- Six Bullets - When there's no reason left to live, what would you do with your last six bullets?
- Box of Bones - Time is running out.
- The Mailman - Be careful what you wish for.
- Re-Roll - Life can be a bitch.
- Dark Hearts - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- Bad People - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Two - This omnibus edition includes books three and four in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Three - This omnibus edition includes books five and six in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Legends: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Legends series.
- The Midnight Club Super Box Set - The complete collection of the award-winning Midnight Book Club short novels.
- Publication date : April 4, 2016
- File size : 1686 KB
- Publisher : Ghillinnein Books; 1st edition (April 4, 2016)
- Print length : 669 pages
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B01A60H0SS
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #350,492 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
The ending though seems to be an afterthought. Still a good read.
Kept me guessing till the end
Will keep my eye out for more from this author.