Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 2, 2014
This will do the job for a limited time, however it will break. I've had two of these. The first one's snap tab (on the phone holder part) broke off, and the second one broke at the adjustable hinge connected to the suction/base unit. Both problems were likely due to long-term sun exposure in sunny California. In both cases, it lasted about 6 months. The most recent, I ordered on January 12, 2014 (from Amazon order history), and it broke today July 2nd 2014. You get what you pay for.
on September 26, 2012
The Galaxy S3 fits into this perfectly. It's a very snug fit that is clearly made for the GS3 specifically. I found the dock very easy to put together. And just as easy to work. Dock is designed so that your GS3 can sit vertically or horizontally. The only complaint I would have, is that since this dock is designed specifically for the S3 to snap into place. Having any sort of case on your phone while using this particular dock is simply not possible. If you don't use a case, or don't mind taking it off every time you want to use this dock. Then this is for you. If you do use a case, I'd recommend looking at other options.
22 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 9, 2013
I hate cases so this product was perfect for me. The suction is strong enough to hold your phone. It's easy to position and has a wide variety of motions so you can get it in just the right spot! The knobs to tighten the unit are strong and well design. Overall great unit and would definitely buy again.

My only complaint is that it is a little difficult to take the phone off the holder, which could be a good thing. I have to use both hands to release my phone from the unit. My right thumb and pointer finger to apply force to the clip and my other hand to catch my phone (which I have dropped several times figuring this thing out). I wish they had made the release a little easier and cleaner.

2 STAR EDIT
It got to about 90 degrees in Central Texas and the suction cup died. It fell to pieces. I contacted the vendor and got a free replacement ASAP. The product unfortunately failed again under the same circumstances. SO....if you live in a hot climate area and are not fortunate enough to afford covered parking, don't buy this because it will die on you.

I instead opted to buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ALV0V4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It survived Texas heat without an issue.
on September 9, 2013
I live in CA, CA has laws against putting these things on windshields. I glued this to my dashboard. It works good at holding my cell phone and is easy to maneuver to be able to see it. The only down side is you cannot have a case in it while using this thing.

I've updated directions and searches while the cell phone was in the holder and have had no issues with the phone responding or the holder moving.
on August 24, 2016
crappy clamp, the suction doesn't work, and the whole thing kind of just 'busted' apart in use. Never had something like this happen with other holders.
on April 9, 2013
I bought this mount back in September and have been using it for months now and it works great. Secures nice and tight to either a windshield or the disk that you can stick to your dashboard. I'm buying a second one now to use in my wife's car.

Don't let the negative reviews about using it in a case sway your judgment. There are very few mounts that WILL work with a case and most of them are the generic, spring-loaded ones that are "universal" and don't work well with the S3 anyways because of how big the phone is. Somebody took it upon themselves to 1-star three different mounts because of this reason. Their expectations are unreasonable.

You will not be disappointed with this mount if you have a Galaxy S3.
on June 1, 2015
One of the tabs broke the first time I tried to insert my phone into it. Granted, that may not happen to everyone but clumsy me, this was not a durable product that would work for me. I did not request a replacement.
on December 7, 2012
This has excellent suction on the windshield and holds the phone tightly. The only problem for me is that I have to take it out of its case to insert it in the holster. That is totally my fault for not looking at the picture closely enough. But I have ordered a thinner case and I think that might work. But it is an excellent product nonetheless.
on May 12, 2014
Would randomly fall off the windshield, usually when I was doing 65+ mph on the highway. After one fall I notice that the clip that holds the phone in place was broken so the phone wouldn't stay in the mount if I drove over any bumps. Shortly after that the suction cup disintegrated and the whole unit was worthless. I would NOT recommend this item.
on March 1, 2013
I like the the device, but the my cell phone does not fix in the mount with the case on, this is a hassle each time I need to mount the cell phone.

I have to remove my case first before placing the cell phone on the mount.

Is there an adjustable mount holder that will hold the Samsung galaxy s-III with the case on the mount, for easy access, that it will adjust to size of case while on the mount.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question