Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on November 10, 2013
As someone prone to daily worry, this book helped me get things into perspective, and the mere reading of it helped me feel more calm. I suppose a lot can be said of a book's power to make us feel as if we're taking a proactive step to fix a problem. Sometimes that has more power than even the information in the book. A worthwhile read for those like me, who are prone to worry about what will happen.
on March 11, 2016
I am skeptical about buying any book that proclaims to cure anything. I am a health care professional and I bought this book as well as listened to it on audio. It's a three hour listen and well worth the time. Of course being a worrier I multitasked while listening, but I did listen and I reflected inwardly as I listened. This book is interactive where as most books, just lead you through a bunch of writing exercises and examples of other people's situation without explaining the example. The author explains each example in detail and then tells you what is wrong and what is right also how to apply the concepts. The ten steps are easy to implement and accomplish immediately. I was able to follow along and parctice the 10 steps immidiately as the examples resonated with a lot current events that I am experiencing. I have practiced these steps for 5 days now and my anxiety has dialed down 90 percent. I have even put it to the test in a relationship situation and it was very effective.

I look forward to what it can do in a months time and a year. I have an active imagination and I create lots of distortions about varied life situations and I am now able to dispute these thoughts and dismiss them as unproductive thinking. I have had several therapist over the last 8 years and none have helped. I have bought a plethora of self help books and after reading them felt lost and dismayed . This book has worked for me and I wish that I had found it before I spent thousands of dollars only to be disappointed.
on August 20, 2017
Definitely inspired some new thoughts on worry, it's properties, and how to handle/react to/gain control of those properties, yet concentrated on examples of run of the mill "worries", and people who obsess over those types of things, not people who have a more sophisticated worry complex...one of a sometimes more difficult to define psychological depth. Worth a read, perhaps, only as a primer for those who seek to unburden their daily thoughts, yet aren't in dread of bankruptcy, how they look, or being alone after a breakup.
on May 1, 2016
This book was to the point, and after reading about the seven steps, you could then choose to read about what specific worry pertains to you. You could also relate to which of the seven steps help the most.
on February 2, 2016
As a person that has dealt with anxiety disorders since my teens, this book has been a huge help. I'm grateful my therapist recommended this book. It's helped me gain a new perspective on how I view many of life's challenges. I especially liked the health anxiety section. It nailed me to a T!
on August 2, 2010
I've been taking medicine for depression for years now, yet I still worry constantly. I decided when I started worrying about my future kids' futures that enough was enough. I've realized from this book that I also have generalized anxiety disorder (worrying constantly-a symptom my doctor said goes with depression and said you can't get rid of it) and many of the worries talked about in this book are exactly what i do. I haven't completely finished reading it yet, but so far it is the most helpful self-help book I've ever read. It's really an eye opener and I just love the worry tests he has, these are very valuable to understand how you worry. I can't wait to finish the book and I do hope I can be successful and stop worrying since I know now that it doesn't do me any good like I thought it did. I've found through this book that I've got an immense fear of uncertainty and he touches on this problem a lot which I like.
I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone that is a constant worrier like I am. I've been a worrier as long as I can remember and it is finally time to enjoy life with the help of this book. The book really puts it all in perspective and forces you to realize that worrying constantly does not make you better prepared for the negative in life or any surprises that may crop up.
on December 29, 2015
I've ready many books on depression and worry. This book has topped my list of all self help books and is and has been a tremendous help for me personally and professionally!
on September 10, 2015
I love this book it was very helpful. I would say if you have worrying problems and want to get help with it read this book.
on July 9, 2014
I am currently in the middle of this book, but I have to say that so far it is spot on. I have had severe anxiety on and off since I was a young child, and I feel like Mr. Leahy is reading the map of my mind and explaining it to me. I will try to remember to update this review when I finish the book.
on October 23, 2008
This book was extraordinary in my life. But the reason it impacted me was because I did the work to get cured of worry. This book cannot help you if you don't help yourself. The book taught me that worriers like I was often take "comfort" in their worry and that is why it is perpetuated.

My worry was crippling. The kind of worry where you can't get out of bed in the morning but you haven't slept all night due to worrying.

What really set this book apart for me (given that I have read numerous de-stress/how not to worry books) is that the tests in the book help you to figure out what is your biggest worry. Now, you may think you know what your big worry is but you don't because you are so clouded by too many worries. When you take the test, you actually find out what the biggest worry is and then you do the work to cure it.

After 40 years of overwhelming worry, yikes... the cure is finally here for me. Dr. Leahy, wherever you are, I can't say thank you enough.

But if you don't do the work, you won't get cured.