Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on June 11, 2017
love the song collections
on April 27, 2017
great DVD
on January 25, 2003
Paradoxical Powerhouse
It took a lot of work for me to appreciate this album. For over a week I asked, "Michael, what _are_ you doing?" But then it began to seep in.
This album is an eclectic powerhouse. Much of it recalls Renaissance tonality, with sparse harmony in the inner voices, but the collection ventures far and wide from there. There are power modulations from 70s classic rock, there are Michael Card-ish blends of classical instrumentation and soaring electric guitars. You'll hear block chords reminiscent of a conservative country church, you'll hear an American Indian-inspired rave up.
Much of the album consists of "wall-of-sound" sonorities - sometimes it seems a bit too much so - but there certainly are tender moments also. The mood ranges from youthful exuberance to mature contemplation. As in its predecessor, _Worship_, violin solo and accompaniment are masterfully employed.
The album also is a strange blend of the informal (most notably, with Michael's exclamations and even outright stage direction) and the highly disciplined. While most of it obviously is live performance, some cuts are indecipherably so, rivaling detailed studio work. I am impressed with the amount of depth and polish worked into the music.
My favorite cut is the Smith family's own haunting _I Can Hear Your Voice_. It has a very transparent texture that recalls refined classical vocal writing. My best single moment is Amy Grant's cameo in the studio version of _Lord Have Mercy_. Beyond her masterful phrasing and voice control, I felt in my spirit that this was indeed her own public confession and repentance. That was moving, and was what began to soften me to this album. I also am impressed with the work of the lead guitarist, Glenn Pearce, especially on _I See You_ ("Everywhere I go"). His melodies don't quit.
The bottom line of music for the Christian is how it affects him spiritually. I wrestled with this album for a while, but once I understood what it was doing, I was moved. If you have an open mind, and are willing to work with it at first, I think you will find spiritual riches to be mined in this collection.
on July 27, 2017
Thank you.
on April 30, 2013
After getting the "Breathe" and "Above All" singles as MP3s, I was so impressed that got the entire "Worship" album.
I then got the" Worship Again" CD album with the same impression. Since then, I wanted to see an actual Mathew W. Smith service and got the his DVD "Worship" which included segments from his Worship and Worship again services and was really impressed!! I got the same impact as I would witha Pink Floyd or Moody Blues live concert!
on June 13, 2017
The Cd was in great condition! Thanks and God Bless!
on June 8, 2014
I got this CD as preparation for my alaska cruise with Michael W Smith this summer.. All I can say is it is awesome. Words cannot express the beauty of 'Ancient Words'. I can hear the wisdom and steady faith of my grandparents in that music--amazing.
on January 21, 2017
very well created worship music
on February 21, 2017