Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2011, 6:55:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2011, 7:00:47 PM PDT
G. Ott says:
I'm debating whether I should get this or the standard 2CD Deluxe Edition. This is $100-110 while the standard is $20. Are the alternate mixes and the demos/live tracks worth an extra $70 while the DVD is worth an extra $30? Also, for the price, you'd expect them to at least put a vinyl or making of with it. Help me out here and tell me why you'd choose this over the 2CD version. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011, 9:44:20 AM PDT
Well, it's kinda simple... This is a LIMITED and Numbered edition, limited to only 10.000 copies in America... Although I found out this kind of a lie, 'cause you know, right now this is the #39 in the top 100 on Amazon, plus all the other retailers that are selling it too, this get me thinking the 10.000 copies are already sold out, but they continue selling, and apparently, there are more copies out there, so I don't think there are only 10.000 copies at all, anyway, it comes in a nice and exclusive package, with an entire disc of tracks only available through this version, and well, if you just LOVE nirvana and what they represent to your life, and have the money to afford it, there are no reasons, there is only one way, BUY IT!

Posted on Sep 22, 2011, 3:46:25 PM PDT
Nirvana says:
there are probobly more than 10,000 in the US. They just want more people to buy it. making it "limited edition" helps.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011, 5:57:05 PM PDT
If you are willing to go digital iTunes has the super deluxe edition for pre order at $44.99 on release date.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/nevermind-super-deluxe-edition/id463510783
or amazon mp3 for 40.64 (but it's release date says Oct 4th)
Nevermind (Super Deluxe Edition)

then if you pre order live at the Paramount for $17 Nirvana: Live at the Paramount you're saving about $40 from this price.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011, 9:08:40 AM PDT
Very Ape says:
Well, there it is....Sold Out on Amazon! Do you really think the record label would advertise this as a limited edition of 10,000 if it wasn't really true? I believe that would be false advertising. And in this day and age of frivolous lawsuits, someone could easily bring a class action lawsuit against the record label for knowingly misrepresenting the the "Limited" numbers of this box set in order to charge a higher price for the item. I believe there are only 10K and thats why Amazon is no longer taking pre-orders. I have 2 locked up right now!

Posted on Sep 23, 2011, 1:41:14 PM PDT
Nirvana says:
guys this isnt sold out and they definitly didnt run out (btw i have one locked up on best buy) Its because they dont want anymore preorders till oct 24 the day the best buy exclusive ends.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011, 2:27:19 PM PDT
Very Ape says:
@ Nirvana- What does BestBuys exclusive period have to do with Amazon? You're saying that Amazon is giving up potential sales for a month while BestBuy sells the box set without any competition? What would be the reason for that? Seems like a foolish business practice to me.

I'm really confused about this. So Amazon is telling people "Don't buy this box set here! BestBuy has it for sale online for the same price as us, plus you can get it a month earlier!"?

I'm not saying you're wrong. But I just dont understand why this would happen. If thats what Amazon wants. I'd be happy to cancel my 2 pre-orders and go to BestBuy to get them. I mean....why not? Same price and a month earlier.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011, 9:27:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2011, 9:27:33 PM PDT
FromABuick6 says:
Amazon has no say in the matter. They are a retailer with a limited number of copies just like all the other 50 states. If Geffen licensed the exclusive rights to Best Buy (kinda like how AC/DC did with Walmart) then they get first sales of it. I think for that reason Best Buy stores will most likely have the most copies out of the 10,000 and you'll probably have the best chance of getting one there or online. Some serious promo money had to have been exchanged for this to happen.

Also, there could possibly be a 2nd pressing in the future. They could claim they weren't lying when they said 10,000 if that was "only for the first pressing." You'd have no case against a record label for misrepresentation because there's always some sort of loophole. This happened with The Beatles Mono Boxset. It was originally limited and "hard to find" but then sales skyrocketed and they made a 2nd pressing.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 3:54:20 PM PDT
Very Ape says:
Im surprised that best buy had the exclusive for 30 days. They had only 3 in my local store and they were mixed in with the rest of the music box sets. Absolutely no display or and mention of the release anywhere in the store. I guess they planned on selling the majority of the sets online. In store sales are becoming a thing of the past.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011, 8:25:36 AM PDT
FromABuick6 says:
I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011, 12:49:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2011, 12:53:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011, 12:56:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 7, 2011, 4:01:41 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 4, 2011, 4:42:55 PM PDT
Very Ape says:
Are humans really this stupid?

10K copies released for the US.
30K copies for Europe and other countries.

10K + 30K = 40K

So, the US gets copies 1 - 10,000 and then copies 10,001 - 40,000 got to all the other countries!!
When somebody gets copy #40,001 or higher, please let me know. Until then, they havent lied to us. Your 33,010 copy definitely fall within the 40,000 range.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011, 5:31:34 PM PDT
yes. thank u. finally someone that can explain it for everyone else.lol

Posted on Oct 6, 2011, 3:27:48 PM PDT
Is it worth it to you? Do you want everything that's included?
Do you enjoy very poor recordings that chronicle the entire recording process for the album? If you said "yes" to all of those then I would recommend it.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011, 4:00:15 PM PDT
A. Westberg says:
It's a big gimmick. They are trying to get people to buy an album their fans already have because it's good. Pearl Jam sells their fans 2 copies (original & remastered) of an album they already had purchased and those idiots are dumb enough to buy a CD they already own TWO MORE TIMES!! Buying these sets is a slap in the face to consumers and a big victory to these money hungry corporations. The same corporations bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam claim to hate. Ironic, isn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011, 12:18:45 PM PDT
Except that a lot of the extras included might be worth the price tag to some people. The 90 page book. Fanzine clippings etc.
Somebody might actually want a replica of Bono's glasses that comes with the U2 collection. I sure wouldn't. But who am I to tell people how to spend their money. More importantly, who are YOU to tell people how to spend their money. Victory for the corporations, please. They wouldn't be where they are now without millions of previous victories.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011, 12:19:30 PM PDT
I went to two Best Buy's. One had 3, the other had only 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011, 12:35:35 PM PDT
"Except that a lot of the extras included might be worth the price tag to some people. The 90 page book. Fanzine clippings etc.
Somebody might actually want a replica of Bono's glasses that comes with the U2 collection. I sure wouldn't. But who am I to tell people how to spend their money. More importantly, who are YOU to tell people how to spend their money. Victory for the corporations, please. They wouldn't be where they are now without millions of previous victories."

Well, the original post title is "Worth $100?" and the poster asks people on Amazon to "Help me out here and tell me why you'd choose this over the 2CD version. Thanks." So, I think that the person is looking for help with "how to spend [his or her] money."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about