- File Size: 4378 KB
- Print Length: 81 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 3, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00K4F0C18
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#39,114 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Depression & Mental Illness > Mental Illness
- #4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Personal Health > Depression
- #215 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
|Digital List Price:||$1.99|
Save $1.99 (100%)
Worth the Effort: Ella's Story (Love's an Effort Book 1) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
His name is Ayden and they fall into a relationship that's both natural and beautiful. There’s Ella’s home life, which she detests, since her wealthy father is so fake and her parents pressure her to be a certain kind of way. With Ayden she feels a warmth and love that she craves. When she finds out more about him, she’s stunned and feels betrayed.
I enjoyed the character development. Ella came across as very real, while Ayden was a big mystery who had heart. I had some questions about character motivation, since I was confused during the last portion of the story, but this is a novella and the beginning of a series from what I can tell.
Ella is a well-rounded character whose story is believable and heart-warming. She is searching for answers, for purpose, and a place, and she finds all of those in a growing friendship with a homeless boy. After an unexpected twist, she discovers that there's more to Ayden's story than she knew.
The only thing that holds me back from giving this a five star is that I almost felt as if Ayden's unexpected twist made things a little too easy in some ways. However, from the way the book ends and the blurb for the second book, I think that Kai Strand will address this in the next book.
I am thankful for the clean, sweetness of the characters in spite of the grittiness of their lives and situations. The characterization and world-building (setting and background) is very well done. The writing drew me in and held me close to the hearts of the characters.
I shouldn't have worried.
Ella's story is a sweet tale of becoming aware of those around us and seeing the world through new eyes. The characters grow and change in ways that make you want to follow their example. This one will have you looking around and thinking deeper about the homeless and hidden struggles of the heart.
And, can't I just say? Plot twist. Yup. Never saw that one coming.
This is a great, quick read I recommend for all readers who enjoy contemporary or young adult stories.
Nice job, Kai!
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Urban Life
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Depression & Mental Illness
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Personal Health > Depression
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Depression & Mental Illness > Mental Illness