Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Worx WG163 GT 3.0 20V Cordless Grass Trimmer/Edger..." and save 20% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Worx WG163 GT 3.0 20V Cordless Grass Trimmer/Edger with Command Feed, 12", 2 Batteries and Charger Included
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2-in-1 function with dual-position wheels for grass trimming and edging
- Converts from a trimmer to an in-line edger in seconds with no tools; No-Load Speed : 7600/min
- Two (2) 20V cordless Max lithium power batteries provide continuous power – charge one, use one.
- 12-inch cutting diameter with Innovative Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding
- Cutting line length: 10 feet. Quick-release lever for fast telescopic height adjustments to the 90-degree tilting shaft
- Dual-function flower spacer guard helps protect vegetation and acts as an edger guide
- Ultra-lightweight, ergonomic design – only 5.3 pounds! Line diameter: 0.065 inch
- Share batteries across all your 20V WORX Power Share tools so you never run out of power!
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium Easy Feed String Trimmer/Edger with 2 Batteries
Worx 32-Volt GT2.0 String Trimmer/Edger/Mini-Mower with Tilting Head and Single Line Feed
Worx WG154 20-volt Li-Ion Cordless Grass Trimmer/Edger Fixed Shaft, 10-Inch, Battery and Charger Included
Worx WG180 40 Volt GT3.0 Cordless Grass Trimmer with Battery and Charger Included Trimer, orange and Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Cutting width||1,200 in||1,200 in||1,200 in||1,000 in||—|
|Item Dimensions||36.3 x 7.5 x 5.5 in||9.25 x 41.33 x 5.74 in||35 x 12 x 12 in||47 x 11 x 10 in||36.34 x 5.47 x 7.48 in|
|Item Weight||6 lbs||6.3 lbs||6.2 lbs||7.9 lbs||8.2 lbs|
|Power Source||battery-powered||battery-powered||battery-powered||battery-powered||Battery Powered|
|Size||12"||—||35"L x 12" W x 12" H||—||—|
|Voltage||20 volts||20||32 volts||20||40 volts|
The WORX cordless 20-volt MAX lithium powered string trimmer delivers new levels of power, precision and function. Those 20 volts of MAX lithium battery power give the WG163 longer run times and more power. The 12-inch cutting diameter means more trimming in less time. Convert to an edger in seconds, with dual-positioned in-line wheels that make edging a breeze. The innovative Command FeedTM instant line feeding system keeps you productively moving on your lawn projects. Make easy height adjustments to the telescopic shaft using the quick-release trigger lever. Turn the trimmer head with an easy pull and turn to lock and convert to edging in seconds. The Max lithium battery power means more battery capacity, longer runtimes, no self-discharge, no slow loss of power, less weight, more power and quicker charging times. Charge the battery within 3 hours and it’ll be ready when you need it with no-self discharge. From function to features, the 20V WORX GT 3.0 features 100% single-line feed which means no bumping to extend the line. An adjustable space guard not only helps protect vegetation, it also acts as an edger guide. A front auxiliary handle has 7 locking adjustments for maximum comfort while trimming, edging, or mowing. Weighing in at less than 6 lbs., the GT 3.0 20V trimmer and edger lets you create a professional-looking yard with less work, less fatigue and in less time.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Durability and use. After reading the reviews and how hard it was to snap into place I confirmed it was, but I read some and the materials they use are very durable. I think I read it on their homepage that the plastic used was the same plastic on helmets, so I think it will last a long time. I only have about a 1/4 acre of a yard. The first use was not under easy conditions because it rained a lot and things were getting a little tall. Under normal conditions this thing flies through the jobs. Both batteries easily get me through the front and backyard and edging around the flowerbeds. Sadly we got lazy on our backyard flowerbed and now we have grass/weeds...so I just whack them down for now. I know you can't have the perfect "conditional" yard to cut every time because of rain and growth...so 2 batteries is pushed to the limit then because it does bog down in thicker conditions. Not so much that it stops, but it definitely slows down then picks back up once cut.
It is light like everyone says, but I read somewhere here ( some elderly lady) where she crafted/engineered an old shoulder strap to help ease the load even more. I will tell you. I exercise and lift dumbbells 10x this weight, but hardly stopping now and moving...it does get heavy after awhile. So I have slowly been thinking how I can rig a shoulder strap. This will make it even faster. I feel my forearms after basically non-stop use of this.
The Batteries seem to hold pretty good constant charge for me. I make sure they're both fully charged before I do any work. The only complaint I have, and it may only be mine...is that the charger itself is REALLY snug when snapping in. Snapping into the tool itself is very easy. I don't think my wife or kids would actually be able to unlock it from the charger as snug as it is right now. It works so well and the snug snapping on the charger is not enough to make me want to deduct a star.
I plan to buy the hedger and blower next to have extra batteries and chargers. I think on one of them I'll just buy the tool itself. I think 3 batts and 2 chargers should suffice.
If I find any anomalies during the summer I will surely report it here. I use amazon reviews like crazy and trust everyone's positive and negative reviews. So if I read enough...I suppose i'd jump off a bridge with yall. Even if I don't buy from Amazon (oops?) I still normally buy something they may stock and read their reviews. Sometimes I just need something right then lol. Sorry Amazon.
I landed on this Worx Trimmer due to Amazon reviews and popularity, along with other marketplace reviews. I have used the weed trimmer after three mowing cycles. So far: no regrets. It is economical. I have almost an acre of yard, so the second battery comes in very handy. If I decide I want a third battery I can pick up another for about $40. An added bonus, for the mechanically-challenged I took out the offered four-year warranty for less than five bucks, a no brainer for me.
So how does it perform? I love it. A friend stopped by the other day and complimented me on how nice the yard looked. The trimmer is lightweight, and I have a health issue that causes chronic pain at forty-something. The weight, or lack thereof, is a huge relief compared to the gas trimmer collecting dust and spider webs in the garage. I realize the batteries will lose some steam, but right now I have enough to take care of my yard. It is so easy to feed line to that a child could do it. Need I say more? I went back and forth, back and forth with this and another well known brand that starts with a B. Again: mechanically-challenged. I hadn't heard of this brand. So glad chose the Worx WG163 Grass Trimmer. If it works for me, it will work for you!
If you found my review somewhat helpful please click/tap the yes icon. Thank you so much!
* First of all, I want to say, I am so glad that I purchased this trimmer. It has numerous features that I have not even tried, yet.
* What I wanted it for, was as a weed eater, it does that job like a Champ.
* UPDATE (5/27/2018): The Trimmer Is Working So Well, Shredding for Me, I Bought The Worx Mower, With 2 Compatible, 20V Batteries. Wow. Worx Has Done It Again. It's Sweet. Now I Have 4 Batteries. Awesome. * Here's A Link (It's $280).*
* There Is A Link To A Leaf Blower At The End.
* I am a Grandma, Great Grandma too. Approaching 60 and I was able to put this together in less than 10 minutes.
* I am not big for instructions, so I look at the pictures. Maybe it would’ve went faster if I had of read them.
* The point is, after I charge my first battery, For three hours, I was able to go out and cut grass.
* It is awesome that it comes with two battery packs. When I used my gas trimmer I would get very frustrated because the job would not be finished.
* With this weed eater, all I have to do, is take the weak battery out and go inside to grab the fully charged battery. At the same time put the used battery back on the charger.
* Good to go. And I’m inside to grab something to drink, check Messages, take a breather, and get back to my trimming.
* It’s 20 V batteries, which provide a sufficient power supply. There is a 12 inch shield, which allows for a 12 inch cut. Awesome.
* I did order the replacement spools to make everything go smoother.
* After I replace one I will update this review.
* Another Update: I Bought A 20V Worx Battery Leaf Blower. It's Awesome. Here's The Link Worx WG546 TURBINE 20V PowerShare 2-Speed Cordless Battery-Powered Leaf Blower
* Hope this info helps. Thanks for reading.