Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Would this mixer work for mixing dough for French bread
asked by JANE DIETRICH on November 17, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
No, beyond what it is made to do. That would be something for the table top mixer. (It might get it done if it were a small quantity, but it would not be what it is made to do.)
TexBBQMan answered on November 17, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In looking at the instruction book...you apparently can mix bread but need the optioinal DOUGH HOOKS "with this the Hand Mixer can also knead yeast bread doughs". I don't have this part.
DANIEL L. SULLIVAN answered on November 17, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
KenInCLT answered on November 17, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would have to say, No. I wouldn't recommend this mixer for bread dough or anything else for that matter. It just stopped working on me and I found a lot of other people who had the same experience. I went and bought a Kenmore hand mixer from Sears for much less $$ and it is still working great.
Lisa L. Arrasmith answered on November 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Although it is a great mixer, I don't think it is heavy duty enough to use on bread dough.
Chancey answered on November 17, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've never done bread dough but I can mix a double batch of chocolate chip cookies with no problem. Not sure if this is a good comparison.
DianaT53 answered on November 19, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. And it's great for mixing paint and cement, too.
Robert J. Refo answered on November 18, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 17, 2012, 8:38:46 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product