Libros en Español STEM GNO
Would I need to purchase a flash for this camera?
asked by micah daniels on June 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
It does have a flash which like most P+S is good to about 10 ft.It does have a hot shoe ,but if you get the viewfinder,which I highly recommend you won't be able to use the hot shoe.If more flash is important You should look into some type of slave/trigger device.Good luck ,great camera
Dman answered on June 6, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It has a small built in flash for general use and has a mount for using an optional more powerful external flash. The built in flash is good enough for most situation except when taking a big group photos.
Jeffie answered on June 7, 2013

A
It has a built in flash and of course it has a hot shoe. V
Frank Sullivan answered on June 7, 2013

A
The built in flash is okay for occasional use. If you plan to do a lot of indoor flash photography, you may want to get an external flash. I have a GX1 and have not bothered to buy one but I don't shoot a lot indoors and when I do it tends to be table-top photography of small items and I use separate lighting system for that. There are several relatively inexpensive external flash units for GX1 that get pretty good reviews if you choose to buy one. Hope this helps you out.
E. J. Pershey answered on June 7, 2013

A
No, there is a pop up flash in the camera which is ok for general shooting. The built in flash has a limited range at low ISOs ~5-8 feet, however in Intelligent Auto mode, the camera compensates by boosting sensor's sensitivity when you use flash at greater distances than 5-8 feet. There is a kit flash you can buy separately as well, but I have not had the need to buy one myself yet :-). Hope my answer helped.
Shuttertrip answered on June 7, 2013

A
No. It has a built in flash and a hot shoe for external one. This is the exact reason I bought this one instead of the Sony nex 5.
Jake Pan answered on June 6, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nathan answered on June 6, 2013

A
It comes with a small flash that has worked for me so far. It pops out (sometimes when you rather it wouldn't) on the left side of the camera.
Buffalo answered on June 7, 2013

A
No, you don't need to buy a flash for this camera. It comes with a built-in flash. I hope my reply helps.
In very dim light, you can use Voitglander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 lens with this camera to take pictures without flash.
Pentax lover answered on June 7, 2013

A
No, you don't need to buy a flash for this camera. It comes with a built-in flash. I hope my reply helps.
In very dim light, you can use Voitglander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 lens with this camera to take pictures without flash.
Pentax lover answered on June 7, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product