Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Woven Polypropylene Sand Bags With Ties & UV Protection Size: 14x26, Number o...
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Size: 14x26 (100) Bags|Change

on May 2, 2011
These types of bags are great. However, those of us who use them often know they must be protected from the sun. You simply cover them with an earthen plaster. We use these to build earthbag homes.
44 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2015
These bags were ordered in April. We kept them indoors while waiting to build to protect them from photodegrading. We started using them in late May to build an earthbag wall. By late June they started shredding and falling apart. While they're stated to have UV protection, it seems it can't be very much (if at all). Even if they did have adequate UVI treatment - the commercial standard is 1600 hour - then I must suspect that they're either old (sitting overlong in a shipping container), or they were subjected to a damp storage environment, or otherwise improperly stored by the supplier.

We specialize in earthbag construction, and we've been at it for over six years. We were in a pinch (our usual supplier was on a weeks vacation) and so ordered them from Amazon. We've never had bags fail like these.. Obviously, we can't return them. All we can do is to alert buyers. If you're going to use them immediately and/or for the short-term, they might to be OK. For sustained use or for earthbags, we'd suggest shopping around, maybe spending a little more & buying them from a more reliable source.
review image
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
My application required filling numerous "14x26 Woven Polypropylene Sand Bags with Ties & UV Protection". I chose to use Amazon's "The E-Z Bagger" which is an invaluable tool and works superbly in two ways. One way the E-Z Bagger works is as shown on its product page on Amazon: the E-Z Bagger product image shows the "square end" is in the sandbag, and the "rounded end" (which you can not see) is scooping the sand. This application works okay if you do NOT have a shovel or other tool with you, AND the sand bag opening is large enough to fit the bended E-Z Bagger into it.

I found that my technique works better for the well-built 14x26 Woven Polypropylene Sand Bags with Ties & UV Protection. Using a mil-spec military style shovel (collapsable to fit in or on a backpack), I found that the best method for me was to REVERSE the position of the E-Z Bagger. For your convenience, safety and efficiency, here are my recommendations:

First of all, get as comfortable as you can get for what could otherwise be a back-breaking event if you are not careful. Sandbagging is manual work and will bring back memories of scouting and the military for many of us. Depending on the season of the year, if you are allergic to the bites of creepy crawly things (sand flees, no-see-ums,etc), use a Deet-based insect repellant on your skin and clothes. Amazon sells the Deep Woods Off in excellent spray bottles that are backpackable (put one in your Go-Bag, too).

Use a 50-caliber ammunition can to sit on because you must be in a very low position and be one-in-the-sand. Sitting this low also virtually removes strain on you back from constant bending over (We men must save our backs so our wives can contnue to call us "Sweet Back!").

Have the above mentioned military shovel and plenty of empty sandbags within comfortable reach. If you are right handed, open the sandbag with the attached string-tie facing down. With the rounded part of the E-Z Bagger facing the opened sandbag, place the BOTTOM edge of the E-Z Bagger against your thigh and press down to bend it from the top (you are pressing the E-Z Bagger against your leg to bend it smaller to fit into the open sand bag.) Now slide the bottom end (string-tie end) onto the E-Z Bagger as far as you can (do no let the open end fold up on you), then slide the top end onto the E-Z Bagger. For the above referenced sized sandbags, slide the empty sandbag until it goes about one inch into the hand holds (cuttouts) of the E-Z Bagger. The E-Z Bagger is VERY flexible and tough, so you can bend it to easily slip the sand bag on it. When you release the bending pressure, the sandbag will hold onto the E-Z Bagger.

With the bottom of the sandbag touching the ground, insert the thumb of your left hand through the E-Z Bagger cuttout out and hold both the Bagger and sandbag in place for the first few scoops of sand, gravel or whatever material you are filling it with to prevent the sandbag from slipping off.

Use your right hand to scoop the filling material into the E-Z Bagger. Remember to only fill the sandbag 1/2 to 2/3 full. After filling, slightly bend the E-Z Bagger and pull it out the sandbag. Check that the sandbag's string-tie is secure on the sandbag, then, while the filled sandbag is in an UPRIGHT position (vertical), twist the top of the sandbag making sure that none of the edges have fallen inside, then use overhead knots (like you tie your shoes but without the bow) to tie and tighten. Reverse direction about three times using the same overhead knot, and double tying it on the last one.

Use your legs to power yourself in picking up the sandbags--not your back. When turning while holding the sandbag do NOT twist your waist or back--place a foot in the direction you want to go first then turn your whole body.

Hope this helps!

Stay Safe,

...Chappy
on July 22, 2012
Like the other reviewer, the bags I used fell apart from sun exposure within two months. And what a mess they made. The claim of being UV resistant is doubtful from my experience. Luckily I only used a few bags before I discovered this issue. The rest of them will go in the trash.
on July 6, 2015
They work great for transporting dirt. However, after about a week of Arizona summer sun and they become very brittle and fall apart if you touch them. I've filled 500 bags in the past month and have been able to reuse the ones that were not in the sun for long.
review image
on June 23, 2013
These are advertized as being UV resistant. Bull Hockey. They rotted and fell apart within the first week. Junk. Total Junk.
on May 19, 2012
I'm using poly bags for earthbag construction & I've found big differences in quality from different suppliers. When we're trying to get a workflow going, these bags are frequently awkward to open (as opposed to othere, whose openings are well hemmed). The ties are flimsy and have broken on us.

Middling quality. I've found better for cheaper.
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
These bags were very poor quality. They turned to powder when you touched them within a week or two. I would NEVER buy these again! I hate to even give them 1 star.
on December 4, 2012
I have now purchased 3 seperate orders (700 bags total) from Trademark Supplies on Amazon for greenhouse projects that our garden club is doing. All bags are arrived quickly using Amazon Prime. Bags are well made and although a few were missing ties we thought the qualtiy and price were fanastic. 400 of the bags are now an interior north wall (heat storage mass) of a 18'x 8' greenhouse and the last 200 bags will be filled this week for a second greenhouse project. We use plastic 6" sewer pipe cut in 30" lengths as a stablizer to fill the bags and it works well.
on May 30, 2016
These are the perfect size for my mom to be able to carry once filled with the sand. I like the size of them too as she did not need them to be huge. Just needed them to be placed in a certain section of her yard. These are perfect. Thanks so much!!