Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on November 23, 2010
I borrowed this book from the town library to read to my 15 month old daughter. My husband and I read it to her over and over (and over) again at her request. We read it so much that when the book had to be returned, our little one was still asking for it. So we ended up ordering her a copy.

The book is a great tool to help teach colors. As each color is introduced to the owl it says "Wow!" and the illustrations are vivid and very cute. This book is nicely done and a good addition to your child's personal library.
on October 7, 2011
We heard this book at the storytime at our library and I ordered it as soon as I got home! It is just adorable and both of my daughters ages 3 1/2 and 2 love it! My 2 year old is learning her colors and this book has really helped her! I would definitely recommend it!
on February 9, 2015
We really enjoy reading this book to our daughter. She picks it out of the book lineup every time - great illustrations and bold colors. I do wish it was a board-book so it would stand up to all the (ab)use. It has a great flow and cadence and when you boil it down it's a great story - things are amazing elsewhere (greener on the other side of the fence) but chances are the lot you've been dealt is just dandy. A life lesson I'm still working with /goes and reads/ Wow Said the Owl again.
on October 8, 2010
I bought this book for my 3 1/2 year old son, but I think it would be great for younger kids as well. My son loves owls and the reviews of this book were really good. I think its a nice, simple story that teaches about colors and it seems like young kids would enjoy reading along and a great way to learn about colors as well as point out the different objects in the book, like the flowers or the stars. I love the owl and the colors are nice and vivid.
on February 10, 2012
My 20 month old son is really into penguins and owls so I bought this book. It is very cute. The little owl is pictured on every page. It teaches colors. The little owl stays awake and sees all the color that the day has to offer and then the night offers.....(I can't tell you that part, you will have to read it yourself). Every time we turn the page my 20 month old will point at the owl, purse his lips and say, "oooooooooo". I am also teaching my 3 1/2 year old son letters and WOW is written a lot in the book in large caps. That may be the first word he knows how to spell.
on January 4, 2013
My 16 month old daughter loves this book!
It has very vibrant colors and a repeating theme of the owl throughout which is great for repitition in reading. We basically just turn the pages and say the names of the colors and other items on each page but the story is nice as well. Overall, it is a very good book for looking at colors.
on August 31, 2012
What a wonderful book. I got it from the library and my son loved it so much that I ordered it off Amazon to add to his library. It taught him all his colors in about a day and he loves reading 'Wow!' on every page and pointing out what color everything is.
on October 9, 2013
Just what I was looking for to do colors with Pre-K. We use different kinds of voices to say the WOW.
on February 4, 2012
My little one loves this book. We have read it 50+ times and I still do not tire of the lovely illustrations and the way the author incorporates nature to present colors. I love the color wheel at the end of the book too.
on October 15, 2011
I needed a book for my pre-school art students, and found this one through Amazon. I had wanted an owl story, and got the bonus of a book about color! The beautifully done illustrations hold the childrens' attention, and learning about color is made interesting through the short but effective prose. The illustrations incorporate texture as well as color and are fresh. Highly recommended!