WowWee Rovio Wi-Fi Enabled Robotic WebCam
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wi-Fi enabled robotic webcam/ led illumination/1 x speaker/1 x built in microphone
- Detects your computer settings for you and guides you though the process
- Interactive audio and video streams from ROVIO to the PC
- Control from web accessible devices
- With stored location points ROVIO can navigate itself around the home
- Requires Windows XP, Vista. Will work with Windows 7 with a online download
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. The robot won't play back paths with any accuracy. I've given mine clear paths with no obstacles, and it still manages to run into chairs and the TV. And that's with the NAV signal showing strong. Maybe if you had your own empty gym, it'd work great, but if you live in a real house with furniture, the robot won't navigate reliably.
2. The robot usually runs out of battery power before it manages to dock, so the self-recharging feature is a bust.
3. Audio doesn't work (in or out) on any browser but Internet Explorer.
4. The camera positioning options are poor (low, a little lower, and let's-stare-at-the-ceiling are your only choices).
5. The battery life is poor too. Maybe an hour if you're lucky, and since it won't make it back to the recharger, Rovio will die and be useless from remote.
6. The headlight is absolutely laughable. The camera can't be used at all in low-light conditions.
7. While there's almost no forward illumination, Rovio will annoy you with the pulsating blue LEDs on top.
8. My dock died after less than two weeks of ownership.
I'm sure I could think of more reasons to wait for a new version before buying, but those are just the ones that I immediately recall as unacceptable. This product simply doesn't work.
Bye bye, Rovio. You're going back to Amazon.
I've got docking issues with mine - not sure if it's just this unit, but it keeps trying to dock too far to the left (sometimes it succeeds - every other time it doesn't.. and when it does work, it takes forever to dock.)
The webcam on this is ok for well lit rooms, but is *really* poor for dark rooms - and the headlight is a joke - it's really dim. For being what it is, Wowwee should have concentrated on a better webcam/better light.
The navigation works ok, as long as it doesn't move it while trying to dock to it (which it always does - despite being against the wall..)
As a toy, it gets a solid 5 stars from me (althogh I think it's overpriced - they should have priced it ~$200 or so..)
But as a remote controlled webcam sentry robot (in my case, to be used in spying on our pets), it gets 3 stars...
(PS - it has problems with the 1/2" ledge between our kitchen and living room..)
For this high price the webcam pic quality is really bad and way too dark. The only way you can see the picture clearly if the area or room has very good lighting like 2-3 tube lights in a very small room otherwise you are out of luck to see anything in larger room with 1-2 lights in it.
Front LED which suppose to help to see in poorly lighted area is useless, it shows the tiny part of object if it is very close (like few cm)to that object.
I saw one hack to install more LED in it to increase the visibility but it is not for everyone you need to have very good knowldge of electronics which I dont.
In this price you can buy three entry level Axis IP cameras and get very good pic quality in very low light ( I have two of them and I am surprised by the quality of those cameras)
I dont recommend buying this for such high price unless they reduce price around $150.
The other review here, is very misleading most probably written by their own people.
Very disappointed with the product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
nope. was never worth it. Maybe reusing the north star system in another project will be worth it someday. This kit doesn't offer much, and the battery system is so terrible. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Bill
Dug mine out the attic the other day. Quite easy to get going on Win7 64bit by putting into Ad Hoc mode by doing on/off switch reset function, then adding my WiFi log on details... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ribbonmicsrus
Did not work at all. I'm in IT and I could not get the unit to connect for three weeks. I had to do multiple firmware updates before I could even get the unit to connect. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Kenya McDaniel
Amazing device! Works great , great picture on my phone , battery lasts a good amount of time and my Rovio goes to it's charger and docks on it's own when it's battery starts... Read morePublished 20 months ago by kevin
I bought Rovio in a good price , let me tell you is a fabulous item is the only robot in the world with a moving camera that you can see around the world , please if you find... Read morePublished on August 10, 2014 by Adolfo
I love this thing, I really do but the manufacture never kept up with the driver updates or compatibility. Very expensive product only to be a paper weight. Read morePublished on May 26, 2014 by Curt Broskey