Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wrath
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

• Wrath
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 24, 2009
For the past month I've been reading early reviews of this album, and it has been getting a mixed reception. To be honest, I place this album in between Sacrament and Ashes of the Wake. It's still got a raw sound (nothing like their earlier stuff) and it has the "radio-friendly" sound of Sacrament. I know this is going to dissappoint die-hard fans of their earlier albums. I classify myself as one of those fans, but I'm not dissappointed at all. The sad fact is that bands evolve. This is far less of a dissappointment like The Haunted's latest effort..... ugh. We live in a terrible time where bands just can't seem to hold on to what made them amazing, and they lose their overall brutal sound. Wrath holds onto that quality well enough. As far as I'm concerned, nothing will ever be as great as Ashes of the Wake, or As the Palaces Burns (which would be their best album if the recording quality was up to par with Ashes), but Wrath will definately stay in my cd player for the next month or so. It's a solid album and worth a chance. I can tell it's one of those albums that needs to grow on you. I will always support LOG and in my eyes, they are one of the most consistent metal bands out there.
88 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2009
This review can really apply to any of this awesome band's albums. First of all I might comment that they do have a somewhat odd name, which is certainly NOT reflective of the terrifying brutality of their music, and especially where some mindless souls can actually be misled. I can't forget reading a weird review somewhere by some poor idiot who picked up one of their CDs because he thought they were a 'Christian metal band'(!), but was horribly disillusioned because 'the singer sounded too angry to love Jesus...' - kind of sad yet hilarious at the same time. Anyway to get to the bottom line, which is their music, it kicks major a**!. If you like your metal done hard, heavy and brutal, this band is an ideal starting point. Definitely one of the most QUALITY American metal bands of the new millennium! I've heard about the comparisons to Pantera, whose influence I've definitely detected in their music, yet while listening further, I've also heard strong influences from every other metal genre that ever turned me on! This includes thrash metal with traces of 80's Metallica, Slayer, Exodus and others, as well as death metal reminiscent of most major brutal death metal pioneers of the 90's (Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Death etc. etc.) in addition to their own unique style of course. In other words, a mish-mash of everything good from the world of extreme metal. Vocalist Randy Blythe both screams and growls, which I consider quite unique and very well done. The guitars are meaty, sharp, ultra-distorted and just plain HEAVY. Although I would appreciate some more guitar solos, the overall structure of their sound doesn't make you miss them very much. As a long-time metal fan, I must admit that I have recently 'discovered' Lamb of God's music after which I promptly added their entire CD output to my music collection, and I'm glad that I did!. The way it looks now, these guys will definitely not let you down. Metal fans, pick up 'Wrath' or any of their earlier albums with confidence, crank'em up and enjoy!
on August 27, 2009
on January 14, 2016
I've been a Lamb fan since Burn the Priest. I really don't understand what people mean when they say this album has a "radio" sound. I haven't listened to the radio in about 9 years, so maybe I'm just out of touch about what's played on the radio now, but I'm pretty sure it isn't this. I don't know anyone who listens to the radio who would listen to Lamb of God, even this album. It's way too heavy, there's too much screaming, and too "complex" to keep average radio listener's attention. This album is easily one of my favorites from them. LOG's sound has evolved and they've gotten better at making music. Maybe the "radio" sound everyone is talking about is the clean production. I don't understand why that would be a problem, though. When a band gets better, so does their production quality. As a whole cohesive work of art, this album is a blast to listen to from beginning to end. I don't like to listen to just a few songs and then move on. When I listen to Wrath, I listen from track Passing, all the way to Reclamation.
on July 2, 2016
I have been listening to metal for about 30 years and I am a guitarist, I had the Palaces album and never listened to it much but then I sort of rediscovered them this year and didn't realize what an awesome metal band they are. Very tight and interesting melodic background riffs, expressive solos and the singer knows how to bring it without ever sounding to fluffy or too growly. I love their song composition and guitar sound.
on March 16, 2009
Prior to "Ashes of the Wake" you knew what you were getting from LOG which is an your face hardcore sound with awesome new school thrash guitar riffs and Randy's relentless vocals. Up to this point all of their albums had many signature songs that you can bang your head to. "Ashes of the Wake" represented their milestone great album where all the songs were catchy and aggressive resulting in one signature winnner after another that will live in infamy. "Sacrament" was a slight decline with not as many catchy homerun singles but, still had a couple of winners like "Walk with me in Hell" and "Redneck".. I can't find one signature single in this album that I can call a true winner.. I dont hear the same edge that they had in their prior stuff, it just seems bland in comparison. Certain songs have their moments but, they never reach that great climax we come to expect from LOG.. nevertheless a solid album but, not up to standard. I guess LOG finally hit their wall where they've gone as far as they can go or maybe their trying to hard to reinvent themselves that they lost their edge? I'll give this 3-1/2 stars.
on November 22, 2014
This fits among the most extreme music I listen too. With LOG, you never have to worry about proficiency or commitment, the question is always about connection. Do the songs demand repeat listening? In this case, several do, all of them toward the end of the album: "Broken Hands", "Dead Seeds" and "Choke Sermon" are the best.
on September 29, 2014
This album is crazy heavy, I listen to it all the time when I work out. If you're not sure if you want it listen to "Broken Hands" or "Choke Sermon" on youtube or something. I really like every song on this album but those are probably my top 2 off it
on July 27, 2015
This album is fantastic and if I could only have 3 cds It would probably be one of the first I grab. I have listened to it countless times with a few songs easily several thousand times. Ridden with clever anit war/politiccal/religious themes. The whole entire album is practically on my favorite songs list.
on October 3, 2012
Lamb of God produces one of their most powerful and aggressive albums ever. This is a punch in the face with a heavy duty aggressive nature and a finger to people who can't handle metal. Lamb of God is one of those bands that breaks metal and sound barriers constantly and they know they have no limits and no boundaries as to what they can do and love to unforgiving!!!