Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wrath of the Titans [Blu-ray]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on February 20, 2015
I'm a rather tough grader on films and books so I only gave this movie three stars. It is certainly a fun ride, and the special effects are first rate, but the story and acting were a bit weak in my opinion. Its a great way to pass an evening, but not a movie I would particularly want to watch a second time.
on November 24, 2013
"Clash of....." & this follow up are awesome movies despite it's numerous mixed reviews. A fantasy period piece that's action packed to the gills & epic with loads of monsters with some of the best special effects ever, & a star studded cast. This movie I rate right up there with others of the genre like 300 & Immortals. Some people are just way too critical. This is a cool film.
on April 27, 2016
I rented this because I couldn't remember if I had seen it or not. I apparently have seen it. It's a great movie. The rental price was fair on Amazon. The story line is really great, a spin off of the Original Clash of the Titans. This is the second in the two remakes from the original. Really great looking special effects, monsters and acting. Really had me into the movie. Loved it!
on November 28, 2013
I loved this movie. The acting is wonderfull and the action keeps you on your toes. It is funny, dramatic and the visual effects are good. This type of movie is right up my alley. Sometimes this type of story line is unrealistic and looks fake but they did a great job on this one! I barrowed my sisters copy and loved it so I had to purchase my own.
on December 7, 2013
What a great movie . Don't see this movie on ur phone or tablet . You have to see it in a big screen tv to appreciate this movie. So go Titan you'll need every inch of a 55-80 inch tv . But it will make you so proud you bought the tv in the first place.
on June 5, 2013
I bought this one because we loved the first one. I thought that the special effects were great and was fast moving with lots of action. My 19 year old daughter and my 22 year old son loved it and I just liked it. I felt that it was missing something. They needed a better screenplay. Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson were awesome together.
on January 12, 2013
This movie is really carried along by the special effects. Sam Worthington is alright, but the 'gods' look ridiculous in their wigs and costumes most times.
I was into the hero just fine, but I thought they should have picked character actors for many of the roles of the gods. Okay, look I just couldn't believe Liam was Zeus, okay? Just no.
I loved Pegasus though, he was stunning. ;)
on April 11, 2013
Ungrateful as ever, Perseus (a grim Sam Worthington) fishes while the number of gods dwindles to a mere handful of holdouts. To stay alive, the gods require worship/belief in them; otherwise they snuff out like candles. Isn't that a little like clapping your hands if you believe in fairies to save Tinkerbell's life? Makes one wonder just how much power they wield if ignoring them ends their existence.
Be that as it may, not being a history buff or an expert on mythology, I had to view this solely as an adventure flick. As with the first film, a quest is involved along with a stringent deadline. It's brother against brother and while I do appreciate a good family melodrama, this isn't it. There's redemption and death galore. The CGI is front and center and holds sovereignty over everything. Lots of action for the sake of action (not necessarily a bad thing). Kronos does not make for a particularly scary monster so it's fortunate they have others to contend with as well. Bill Nighy is great as the befuddled Hephaestus (his nemesis is small, gold, and fowl). Ralph Fiennes, the villain from the first installment, is now reduced to serving as the petulant sidekick of the EVIL Ares (Edgar Ramiez). (Ares is the most confusing casting choice of the lot, being Venezuelan, with a heavy accent that doesn't really coincide with Greek gods. Did Zeus send him away to a South American college while he doted from afar on his son Perseus?)
This is a dopey but fun/exciting film that I can easily watch numerous times. As long as I stop thinking about all those pesky details that make no sense. From accents to why Andromeda went from a brunet to a blonde........

Supposedly, there's a third installment in the works: Revenge of the Titans. Considering the number of gods left, who's going to take up the vendetta?
on December 4, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was good. That said, let's get the stuff I didn't like out of the way.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

- The actors spend all their time whispering. Okay, this is fine I guess. Except that by the time you've turned your TV up loud enough to make out what they are saying - boom! You're back in another action sequence, and the sound is blasting at you too loud. This makes the movie a bit hard to enjoy when I'm trying not to wake up my kids at night. One solution is subtitles / closed captioning. But I've learned that nothing screws up the 3D movie experience more than using subtitles. I like them on regular TV. But they can't be used when watching 3D; it's just too distracting. So get used to the whispery voices. And crank up the volume!

- The characters are not especially likeable. Other than Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, I didn't care for most anybody else. Sam Worthington was alright I guess. He has a certain likeability. Certainly better than vacant-eyed Harry Hamlin was when he had his turn as Perseus! But nobody else I really care about. When you see them fighting and dying, it's hard to even give a crap. Even the comedic guy I didn't care for, because he was supposed to be funny and wasn't.

- I didn't like the actor they chose to be the villain so much. I mean, THIS is supposed to be Aries, the fearsome God of War? I don't think so. The guy looks like he belongs more in a catalog for men's underwear!

- The story didn't make a lot of sense. But I didn't worry about that too much. That's just par for the course for this kind a movie.

- The director seems to be a fan of the Michael Bay's "Shake the camera really hard and make lots of quick cuts whenever there's an action scene" method. Now I know that that's all the rage in movies nowadays. Everybody is doing it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Personally, I hate it. I would prefer to just be able to see what the heck is going on. A bunch of camera shaking and loud noises does not a good action scene make. Not to me, anyway.

- I missed Zeus's lighted costume effect from the first movie. Others railed on that as being goofy. I thought it looked really neat. I wish it had still been here. It's okay that it's gone; I just would have preferred it.

- Just like most other action flicks these days, the colors in this movie are all saturated and washed-out looking. Everything is gray. Why does it have to be this way? Why do all "serious" action movies need to look all gray and gritty? And speaking of gritty...

- The actors in this movie are dirty. Seriously, just take a look! They spend the entire movie covered in grime and filth. I realize that showers weren't so popular - or even available - back in those days. And it's true that the heroes have more on their minds than taking a bath. They are trying to save the world and all, but still! After an hour of it, it becomes noticeable. You start thinking to yourself, "I wonder if they smell as bad as they look." They are grimy and gross, and get progressively so as the movie goes on. At the end, one of the heroes is even smearing on mud. Finally, the girl gets cleaned up at least. Just in time for her on-screen kiss. I didn't notice this in "Clash of the Titans", but it's kind of distracting here. I mean dude! Wipe your face already!

WHAT I LIKED:

- I really like Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. They are good in just about everything, but I think they especially shine in these roles.

- Sam Worthington was decent. And what do you know? He doesn't have a crew cut anymore!

- The scene at the end I really liked, with Father and son.

- The use of 3D in this movie is AWESOME. I own a 55" 3D TV, and this is one of the best 3D movies I've ever seen. There are several moments in it that are simply amazing to watch. Several times I just thought, "I can't believe this looks so good". Sometimes the 3D is unexpected, like when Kronos was attacking and suddenly Perseus is flying up on Pegasus to attack. It looked like he was flying from your living room into your screen! And sometimes rock would fly at you. Little moments like that were done well. This movie really does 3D well. It never seems gimmicky. It actually adds to the story. (Not that there's much story here in this overbudgeted B-movie to add to, but you get my drift!) The 3D? HIGHLY recommended!

- Pegasus was done well. He also seemed more useful in this movie.

- The story has continuity with the previous movie. Yeah, Io is dead right from the beginning. That was kind of abrupt. And where did everybody else go? But the rest of it seems to follow really well from the first movie.

- The story was good, if a bit confusing. I did like it. As an improvement over the original, Perseus as a character gives up the rather silly notion of "living as a human", and embraces his heritage.

- I liked the notion of most of the conflict being driven by family troubles among the gods. This makes sense to me. I mean, I can't stand my own family and I'm only in my 30's! I can only imagine how annoying my family would be after ten thousand years as a god :)

- I liked that this was a sequel. Being a sequel of a remake, they didn't have to worry about all the "new" vs. "old" arguments that plagued the first movie. They could just make the movie they wanted to make. This was a good result, I think. And it left itself open to future movies, which I would also be happy to see.

- The special effects were excellent. I'm kind of shocked at how far CGI has come. Especially compared to the lame attempts in George Lucas's movies. This makes his films look like "Jumanji" by comparison. Of course, sometimes the special effects are just too darn good. I don't like it when I get that feeling that I am watching a video game. But you can't please everybody - especially me. Griping about the movie is half the fun!

- The weapons of the gods were cool. I especially liked Zeus's thunderbolt.

- The labyrinth concept and sequence was neat. I felt like I was watching a horror movie during that bit. And since I love horror movies, this was welcome.

- Cyclops? How did they make those pants?

- In another nod to the original, the Mechanical Owl makes an appearance again.

The verdict: Yeah, it's not cinematic genius but it is still pretty good. Don't let the movie review snobs drive you away. If you liked the first one, you will definitely like this.

And if you hated the first one, you might still like it. It depends on why you hated "Clash". If you hated that it wasn't exactly like the original, then you might not mind this movie because it doesn't have anything to do with the original. If you hated it for the special effects, jerky camera and/or other old fart reasons, then yeah you probably won't like this one either. But I thought it was great.

And that's me. I'm done. Peace out, people!
-TCG
on June 29, 2012
OK, ive seen all Sinbad movies from the past, ive seen lots of stopmotion effects
and i do enjoy the good, the bad and even the ugly fantasy science fictions movies
that have come my way in the last 40 years. And then this movie comes out with a
great trailer...but still some reviewers put in their negative reviews. But i still
shell out my money for a blue ray version, brought it home and hoped for the best.
A good movie reviewer, will know within 5 minutes which way the movie will go...up or down. From the first few seconds of the musical score and the opening scenes i felt a winner. And then for the full duration of the movie i had quite a smile.
Good costumes...great monsters..great action all the way to the end.
Note: glad they had a few deleted scenes...after viewing some of them ...they
would have slowed down the movie for sure....