Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 233 reviews
on November 12, 2010
I bought this CD when it first came out 3 years ago a loved it. This latest version has a few additional songs not on the first release. Recently I've been lucky enough to see Anna perform in person in some local clubs in Los Angeles while she's working on her next album. She is an incredible songwriter, has an incredible voice and is even better in person if you ever have the chance. I just had to get a 2nd CD to pay in my car and to have her autograph it.

In cas you've been wondering what happen to Anna in the last 3 years since her big hit "Breath", her former record company had her write and record a 2nd album, then just when it was ready to release they pulled the plug on it and Anna, just as many new artists were dropped by their record companies when the music industry crashed 1-2 years ago. Ann has had to start all over from scratch again, on her own.

Garage Girls 2011 PinUp Model Calendar
on May 19, 2005
I bought this CD on a whim after seeing her cute picture in Rolling Stone and reading the blurb about her enchanting "adult pop" music. $10 is a great price and I like to check out new things.

I certainly have not been dissapointed, I don't think there is any album I've listened to as much as this one in the time since I bought it. It's powerful, passionate, and beautiful. I'm not typically a fan of the pop music format sine I am more interested in the continuity and primitive force of rock insturmentation over the varied, produced accompaniment of pop music (FYI favorites include Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Dylan), but on Anna's album the songs are so good, and the tunes work well. (I do, in fact, enjoy the produced sound on occasion - citing this album, Avril Lavigne's Under My Skin, and Robert Plant's Dreamland as a few of my favorites in the last few years. Not to mention Nirvana's Nevermind which although using the continuity of rock insturmentation it's produced like a pop album).

Enough about me though, back to the album. Anna's voice is beautiful, it is low (semi-bluesy) and that has a maturing affect on her music and its messeges. The albums songs are all catchy and emotional, and the lyrics are excellent. They often speak of darknesses in a non-cliche way.
on May 30, 2006
Anna Nalick writes, plays and sings her own songs. I bought this CD for one song, Breath (2AM) but immediately liked every song on the CD as soon as it played, it lives in my car CD player and I bought several as b'day gifts for precious friends. Anna writes poetry and sings it from the heart - she is not an emotional wreck like Alanis (are you thinking me when you f* her) or sappy like Jewel (break the yolks and make a smiley face) - this CD is much more sophisticated than they. Love the lyrics about the boy she met at Ft Bliss - 'God it's so beautiful when the boy smiles want to hold him, maybe I'll just sing about it . . ." and "I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd cuz these words from my diary screaming out loud and I know that you'll use them however you want to" - I will use your words here Anna - Great CD, you jumped into my top 10 all time favorites
on July 31, 2005
I first heard of Anna Nalick when she appeared on the Today Show. I usually don't like the quality of the concerts performed on this show but I stopped in my tracks when I heard Anna performing. I immediately ordered her CD from Amazon and don't regret it a bit.

The writing on the CD is amazing. The lyrics are as original as say, Gavin Degraw's. She conveys AND evokes exactly what one would feel if they were in the song's situation beautifully without incorporating cheesy cliches often found in "down and out, love gone wrong" songs.

The song I most identify with is Satellite. I think the lyrics to this song are BRILLIANT.

Some have mentioned that the lyrics on most of the album are depressing. Well, YEAH. Don't artists write what they are feeling at times? I know in MY cd collection I have a variety of music because I have a variety of EMOTIONS. I am happy that this one is at the top of the list when I am a bit melancholy. You will be too.
on February 23, 2014
there are multiple songs on here to make you smile, to make you think. Catalyst is such a fine song, and Breathe - you've likely heard it and never knew who was behind it. Check it out. It is an album that launched my love for the Sirens.............Anna Nalick, Kelly Sweet, A Fine Frenzy, Leigh Nash, Holly Brooks, Shelby Lynne, Tristan Prettyman - just to name a few. Oh yeah, can't forget Missy Higgins. Typing this as she flows in through iHeart - followed by Diana Krall. Elvis is so lucky!
on March 3, 2016
Great song!
on November 19, 2005
I first heard the song Breathe (2 AM) late at night on the radio while driving on a desolate road. I had no idea what the name of the song was, or who the artist was. I typed what lyrics I could remember into Yahoo! and found it to be Anna Nalick. I bought this CD on Amazon, and have never made a better purchase. This CD is incredible. I usually get bored and tired with music that I play all the time, but I never get tired of Anna. Every song is remarkable and different in its own way. I have read reviews that say that no other song compares with Breathe. I highly disagree. With the exception of Paper Bag, which by the way, is a good song, just a little girly for me, every song is equally-matched. Anna's CD is incredible, and I would recommend it to anyone.
on December 22, 2011
I have this cd on my iPod, but loaned out the cd long ago. Of course I never got it back, so when I found it on Amazon at such a great price, I had to have it. I could hear it anytime I wanted on my iPod, but it's just not the same as having it in my collection. I love every song on this cd and could never tire hearing it. Fast delivery and perfect condition....thanks!
on July 5, 2005
I waited patiently for two months for this album after hearing "Breathe (2AM)" on a local radio station. I expected "Breathe" to be the best song but after listening to the whole album several times, picking a favorite is difficult. This is a stunning debut. To hear this level of sophistication in production is one thing for a first album, to hear this level of sophistication in composition is quite another. Anna Nalick really understands her writing style- a true gift and a rare talent. For the sake of clarity, the common comparisons to a vocal sound like Jewel won't disappoint, but make no mistake- this artist is a star.
on May 25, 2006
I bought this album on a whim.
I usually try to buy a male artist and then a female artist in a similar genre if possible.
I did a search on Rob Thomas and anna Nalick was the first female artist under similar items.
I got this cd and it is smooth as ice and twice as nice. Even the upbeat songs have a flow that relaxes my mind. I listen to it at work and tune out all of the distractions.
I listen to it at home and reminisce about the times I was with the girl who is the only one I have ever and will ever love.
I'd recommend this to anyone who just loves music for its essence.