Wreckreation Nation with Dave Mordal
Host Dave Mordal takes us on a tour of America's backyard adventurers and free-time fanatics. Explore the country's home-town traditions, competitions, and downright quirky pastimes.
1. Lawn Mower Racing-Dave travels to Ohio for the U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Championships, all you need for a race is a couple of guys and any kind of engine. Then he enrolls in alligator wrestling school despite his morbid fear.
2. Rock Crawling-Dave heads to Tennessee for the World Extreme Rock Crawling Championship where drivers scale up-to-80-degree inclines in homemade trucks. Then on to Tugest, where it's Illinois vs. Iowa in a 2400 ft. tug-o-war across the Mississippi River.
3. Demolition Derby-Dave participates in a blind-folded demolition derby with a family who's been wrecking cars for 30 years. Then he joins the ranks of Romans, elves and Orks at Dagorhir: part war game, part fantasy role playing, part mixed martial arts competition.
4. Figure Eight Races-Dave tests his sanity at the Figure 8 Races, where crashing a school bus on a figure 8 track may just be the craziest thing he's ever done. Then, he's got both barrels blazing at the Cowboy Action Shootout in Lucerne Valley, CA.
5. Mini-Moto-Dave proves that real men ride little bikes at the Mini Moto Florida Invitational Championship. Then Dave gets burly for the sport of Lumberjacking at West Linn, Oregon's Timber Fair.
6. Bigfoot Paintball-Dave faces battle while hunting for Bigfoot in a Punta Gorda, FL Scenario Paintball game. Afterwards, he learns that cardboard boats are serious business at the annual cardboard boat race in Heber Springs, AK.
7. Bonneville-Dave faces off with a bull in North Carolina as he trains to be a rodeo bullfighter. Then it's off to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, where people come from all over to break land speed records on everything from a barstool to a big-rig.
8. Swamp Buggy-Dave races Swamp Buggies in Naples, FL. Then he's off to Gillette, Wyoming to join Firefest - a convention for pyromaniacs who make their own fireworks.
9. Punkin Chunkin-Dave goes to an event where teams spend all year and thousands of dollars trying to build machines that will launch pumpkins the farthest. Then it's Dynamite Shooting, where items are stuffed with dynamite and exploded with live fire.
10. Soapbox Racing-Dave participates in renegade Soap Box Racing in Los Angeles. Then he learns how to launch fruitcakes in Manitou, CO, and train falcons to hunt in Marysville, CA.
11. Dave enters the world's largest vintage snowmobile race in Eagle River, WI where riders race on ice. Then he travels to Colorado to participate in an adult dodgeball championship.
12. Dave learns how to operate his first armored tank, and competes in the first ever Tank Olympics in Waseca, MN. Then he races in the national human dog-sled championships.
13. Dave travels to New Hampshire for Ski Joring. He then learns to make his own bar stool on skis to race in Wisconsin's legendary bar stool race.
When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
Top customer reviews
Dave used to be a stand-up comic and went far at Last Comic Standing, and now is part of one of the highest rated morning drives, the KQ92 morning show in the Twin cities, so this guy knows funny.
It's kind of like "Dirty Jobs", but with recreation activities, and it is absolutely interesting!
Dave is a great host - I honestly thought he'd be funnier/more comedian-like, but he takes it seriously with a side of laughter.
I'm sad the show didn't do better - we'd love MORE!
Most recent customer reviews
leaves me feeling a little more normal.
thats all I have to say about that.