- Series: Palgrave Study Skills
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan; 3 edition (April 24, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1137293284
- ISBN-13: 978-1137293282
- Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #444,631 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
How to Write Better Essays (Palgrave Study Skills) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Have you ever wondered why some people can produce a well-structured, relevant essay written in a style that seems to glide across the page with the minimum of fuss? Do you think some people simply have these skills, and others don't, and that there is nothing we can do about it? This book just might change your mind. Addressing each landmark stage of the essay writing process, How to Write Better Essays teaches you how to…
• analyse the question and break down difficult terms and concepts
• brainstorm effectively and generate your own ideas
• evaluate and criticise arguments
• express your thoughts coherently and develop your own style of writing
• plan and structure your essay from introduction to conclusion
… and along the way, practical techniques show how to analyse, criticise, discuss and evaluate material, improve your style, revise your final draft and avoid plagiarism.
The third edition of this bestselling book includes new chapters on critical thinking, tackling reflective writing assignments, and how to create and analyse concepts. It also features a new companion website providing annotated essays to illustrate the successful outcome of the methods you learn in the book, exercises to develop critical thinking skills, and additional examples of how to analyse concepts.
For every student who needs to write essays, from whatever discipline, this book is a constant source of the help and inspiration you need to tackle your essays with confidence.