- Publisher: Content Mastery Guide (2010)
- ISBN-10: 0973563362
- ISBN-13: 978-0973563368
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.3 x 0.4 inches
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,989,153 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Write Your Way to More Clients Online: How to craft captivating content for newsletters, blogs and social media Paperback – 2010
|New from||Used from|
Prepare for your professional certification with study guides and exam prep tools from Wiley. See more
So you've got a website, but now what? How do you keep it vibrant and attractive to your prospective clients? With web content! Blog posts, articles, newsletters, client stories and social media updates can all work together to:
* Keep your site fresh
* Start a relationship with your visitors
* Build trust in you and your services
Web content helps you go beyond just telling your visitors who you are and what you do. It engages your prospective clients in a conversation that is based on who they are and what they are dealing with. It starts you out on the right foot by demonstrating your expertise and providing service right from the start – with valuable information they're looking for right now.
This book will help you create high-quality content and publish it consistently throughout the month. Here's a taste of what you'll discover inside:
* How giving away free information attracts clients to hire you
* How to structure your content writing time for maximum results
* How to transition from publishing a monthly newsletter to posting to a blog throughout the month
* Why content marketing is a highly-effective alternative to speaking, cold calling, and paid advertising (I can almost hear you sighing in relief!)
* How a consistent publishing schedule will help you land more clients
* How to talk back to that inner voice that says, "I'm no expert, who am I to write an article?"
* How to claim your expertise using other people's content (no plagiarism required!)
* Why traditional article marketing could actually be hurting your business reputation (and how to get your content out there the RIGHT way)
* How to capture your great ideas no matter where you are and banish article writer's block forever
* Advanced writing skills that will make your content stand out
* And much, much more!
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Some of the tips are basic: Write more, build a list, set up a publication schedule.
Some of the advice is more focused:
1) Stick to one idea per blog post. Don't over complicate things by giving too much info.
2) Don't try to please everyone. Write for your ideal reader.
3) Think about your brand before you start broadcasting content. Look at it this way, what if you gave a party and everyone came to meet the guy in your writing, only to discover you were somebody else. Be sincere, and be yourself. If you're writing is fast paced, humorous, and off the wall... That's who you should be.
4) Vary your content. Write thought pieces, information pieces, and how to's.
5) If you're stumped, recycle your old content, or curate someone else's content.
Bottom line: The book offers great info you can put to use today to improve your online content. If you worry you have nothing to say, the author has a rah-rah section to get you past that.
I think $9.99 may be over priced. Many writers have similar content out there for $3.99 to $5.99. Click read inside and check out a sample first. That way to can determine the value for yourself.
to attract more clients by writing content. Even if you are gun-shy about
writing, this book will help you craft a plan and get it done. From
generating ideas, to making it past writer's block, to editing and
distributing your content, this book covers it all with great detail. This
isn't just theory, you'll get actionable advice and ideas every step of the
Lena L. West
Founder of Real Women Do Social Media