- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.3 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces
- ASIN: B00XWTW7MU
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 29, 2015
- Average Customer Review: 45 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,198 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
WriteItNow 5 [PC / Mac]
|Price:||$69.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10; Mac OSX (10.7 and higher)
- Write, organize, and store complete novels: Story Board, Storyline Editor, Book Outline
- Word count, spell checker, thesaurus, readability, submissions tracker, targets
- Generate names, ideas, timelines, characters, and character relationships
- Export as Doc, PDF, Epub and HTML. Import MS Word Docs
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
WriteItNow is the ideal writing software for NOVICE AND EXPERIENCED WRITERS of fiction and non-fiction.
CD runs on Windows 7 and 8 and Mac OS X (10.7+)
ORGANIZATION is key in WriteItNow
• Drag chapters, scenes, events, and ideas to new locations
• View character relationships and events in charts
• View who does what, where, and when in the storyline editor
• Visualize layout with the story board and story outline
• Keep everything for each project in a single file
WRITING TOOLS: thesaurus, word count, readability check, cliche check, writing targets, and more
EXPORT: neatly formatted manuscript as a Word Doc, PDF, EPub, or HTML file
IMPORT: existing MS Word documents
CD includes a comprehensive 300-page PDF manual
"I've finally found the software that sorts out the chaos in my brain."--Fawn Germer, Pulitzer Prize Nominee
"WriteItNow will enhance, rather than interfere with, the growth of a writer's instincts and skills."--J.R. Lankford, Novelist
"I intend to recommend WriteItNow to ALL my writing students"--Robb Lightfoot, Lecturer
"I am absolutely convinced that without WriteItNow, I would NOT have been able to keep track of everything as easily and thus stay motivated to finish the book."--Robert Bidinotto, author of "Hunter," #4 bestseller on Kindle, 12/3/11
Ranked #1 by Top Ten Reviews (2017); Best writing software program among the 10 leading programs:
"Great character and story development combined with unique organizing capabilities"
Top customer reviews
I've been working for a long time to develop a fresh new thriller series. But I've also been at wit's end over the overwhelming cache of research and background materials for the first novel I've been writing, using Microsoft Word.
In desperation to make faster progress, I've spent several days comparing the benefits and features of a score of the most popular and highly rated creative-writing software packages. My conclusion?
For the host of impressive, comprehensive features and benefits it offers writers, I think "WriteItNow" is simply the best value on the market.
Yes, there are a number of useful creative-writing programs, and they'll all help you organize and get your story down on paper. But if you're a typical writer, and on a shoestring budget, I assume that you want to get the most for your money: a program that delivers a host of useful tools, can conform to the way you write and work -- but at the cheapest price.
Well, then, "WriteItNow" is probably for you.
A worthy competitor, which provides a dazzling array of features and benefits to structure and organize your story, is a program called "Power Structure." However, that impressive program costs three times as much. Or you might consider "WriteWayPro," another excellent novel-writing program that costs exactly the same as "WriteItNow." But while "WriteWayPro" provides many fine features for structuring and organizing your novel, including a graphic storyboard, "WriteItNow" has all of that, too -- PLUS:
* an ingenious story timeline, automatically generated from your plot events
* charts and "Mind Maps," to help you graphically visualize character relationships
* a host of creativity generators, which can help you get past "writer's block" to produce fresh ideas, character names (from a vast database), and even character personality types (based on three different "archetype" systems, including Myers-Briggs and Joseph Campbell); and
*a database of historical period details.
That last is unique to this software program, and useful for anyone writing historical or period fiction. "WriteItNow" incorporates a database of hundreds of details about major events in society, culture, and politics, classified by historical periods. You can instantly access and drop these details into your story to add authentic background and color to your tale.
I can't begin to imagine how much more that great writers could have produced, if only they had had access to this easily affordable, extraordinarily helpful software technology. And if the sheer, daunting organizational tasks of writing a novel have deterred you from starting or finishing your own story, perhaps "WriteItNow" may be the key to unlocking your creative potential, and joining their ranks.
P.S. An update, Nov. 30, 2012:
As I mentioned above, I was working on my debut novel (titled "HUNTER") when I wrote the preceding review. Well, thanks to the terrific organizational features of WriteItNow, I am happy to report that I was able to complete that complex thriller in June 2011, publish it...and then watch "HUNTER" soar to become the #4 bestseller on Kindle on December 3, 2011, and the #1 Kindle title in "Mysteries & Thrillers" and in "Romantic Suspense."
I am absolutely convinced that without WriteItNow, I would NOT have been able to keep track of everything as easily and thus stay motivated to finish the book. I even list it in the novel's "Acknowledgments."
And no -- I was not paid a nickel by the company for this review. I simply, honestly believe it's a terrific product, one that I'll be using on all my future novels.
Update July 9, 2015, for WriteItNow5:
I've sung the praises of the previous version of WriteItNow, but it's just gotten better. Besides all the preceding features, WIN5 adds:
* Epub export capability, so that you can create ebooks from your manuscript -- and also create a completely formatted manuscript
* A Summary Editor, allowing you to keep track of characters, events, props, and locations for each scene and chapter
* A Storyline Editor, which draws details from the Summary Editor to keep track, graphically, of which character does what, where, and when
* New sections that make it easy to create "Front Matter" (Introductions, Prologues, Forewords) and "Back Matter" (Afterwords, Epilogues, Acknowledgments), as well as lists of "Props" your characters may need to use
* A free, detailed PDF reference manual for WIN5, which shows the many tricks and extra features available in the program
* Lots and lots more.
I didn't mention earlier that among its many great features, WIN provides you the ability to organize your chapters and scenes either in "tree" format or in a graphic "storyboard" form, and to easily move around these elements to change the story structure. I find this overview capability highly useful in pacing my stories: in noticing extended slow sections, or scenes that are too similar, etc.
After using WIN 4 to write my first bestselling thriller, "HUNTER," I also used it for the sequel, "BAD DEEDS." That tale was even more complicated, and I doubt it still would be finished had I not had the benefit of all the organizational features of the program. Now, I'm at work on the third novel in the series, and I'm delighted to have the powerful new features of WIN 5 at my fingertips.
I know that lots of writers use Scrivener, and it's a fine program. But WIN5 does pretty much everything that Scrivener does, and by reports from writers who have tried both, WIN5 does it all more easily and intuitively. Personally, I found it a snap to learn the program and to quickly get up-and-running. If you are intimidated by arcane technicalities in software and a steep learning curve, you'll find WIN5's ease of use to be a blessing.
If you want a full-featured fiction-writing program that provides you with the flexibility to make it work the way YOU do, then WIN5 is for you.