- File Size: 177 KB
- Print Length: 32 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 19, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AU9QWPM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,758,012 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Writer's Block | Part 3: Flatline Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
In Flatline, Garner brings back Debby and her sick daughter as well as Waylon, the angel from Part 2, to tie all the storylines together. Why does Stu have the typewriter? What is its purpose? What is the supernatural reason for everything happening in Stu's life? We get answers, but we are left with even bigger questions by the time this one is over. Hank Garner has a nice story on his hands and I am looking forward to tapping into Part 4 as soon as it releases.
This episode moves along at a good pace. Things start to happen, interesting things. And they are still happening, all of them. I hope Hank is about done with the next episode, she grumbled. Enjoy, but watch out for that cliff!
But when a new variable is introduced into the equation, Stu’s dilemma gets more complicated as a result. Thankfully, his faithful dog Rolo continues to provide valuable comic relief until things take a turn for the worse and the pace quickens, leaving us with a frightening cliffhanger, especially when we come to realize what’s really happening here.
All of the story threads created to this point start to coalesce together as we start to see more of the bigger picture at work here in Weston and it’s quite startling to witness. As for Stu, his grief continues to cloud his judgment, impacting him in a very physical way. A picture of a man broken by his past, it’s sad to see him slowly deteriorate like this as he continues to dwell like this. But how he bounces back is quite stirring as he tries to find hope again and attempts to proactively take action. Seeing the subtle detail and care the author puts into this story and into Stu’s mindset, in particular, places me on an emotional roller-coaster ride that is both thrilling and disturbing. And the revelation about his magical typewriter is delicious and significantly adds to the story in a very meaningful way.
Like Rolo waiting for a bone, I patiently await the next tasty morsel in this serialized story.
Please note that I was given an Advanced Readers Copy of this eBook. A favorable review was never expected or asked for, only an honest one
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Magical Realism
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban