- Paperback: 228 pages
- Publisher: The Writer's Bookstore (July 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 188971514X
- ISBN-13: 978-1889715148
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.7 x 5.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,130,339 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Writer's First Aid: Getting Organized, Getting Inspired, and Sticking to It Paperback – July, 2003
Featured world language titles
Sponsored by McGraw-Hill Learn more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Kristi Holl has over 180 short stories and articles and 25 books to her credit. Her numerous pieces for children have appeared in Jack And Jill, Child Life, Childrens Playmate, Touch, and others; her articles on writing have appeared in Childrens Writer and The Writer, among others.
In 1983, Antheneum published Ms. Holls first childrens book, Just Like Real Family, which won several childrens book awards. Antheneum also published a sequel, No Strings Attached, in 1988. Her other childrens books deal with a variety of topics: standing up for yourself in Footprints Up My Back (Antheneum, 1984); abandonment and forgiveness in Patchwork Summer (Antheneum, 1987); and learning to establish priorities in First Things First (Antheneum, 1986) and Hidden in the Fog (Antheneum, 1989). Shes also enjoyed writing several series. Standard Publishing did the Julie McGregor series: Two of a Kind, Trusting in the Dark, and A Change of Heart (1990-1991). She also wrote for Tommy Nelsons TodaysGirl.com series: Tangled Web, Chat Freak, 4GIVE & 4GET, and Fun E-Farm (2000 and 2001).
Kristi Holl also spent four years as the Institute of Childrens Literatures first web editor, helping writers online with writing tips, online interviews with editors and authors, and a weekly article of encouragement. From those articles came her most recently published book: Writers First Aid: Getting Organized, Getting Inspired, and Sticking to It (2003).
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Kristi Holl is a much published, seasoned author who knows how life can interrupt our writing--yet she's found the way around the roadblocks, learned techniques to administer first aid and carry on with her writing.
The contents are organized into four sections:
1. Getting Started (answers some basic questions with insight about how to increase creativity and why does it take so long?)
2. Work Habits That Work For You (teaches how to boost productivity with instantly applicable principles and tips)
3. Money and Other Practical Matters (every writer that I know can apply these lessons)
4. Create the Writing Life You Want (the insight in this section deepens into areas such as is full-time freelancing for you? or A Call to Excellence.
Keep this book near your computer. You can read it quickly and gain a burst of inspiration for your writing day. I recommend this book for writers of all levels--beginner, intermediate and expert.
--Sandy Asher, author of dozens of books, plays, collections and anthologies.
Karen O'Connor, author and writing instructor