- File Size: 308 KB
- Print Length: 54 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Tumblemoose Publishing (April 10, 2009)
- Publication Date: April 10, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0027ISAJG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,592,533 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #396 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Editing
- #1001 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Editing
- #1906 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
The Writing Experience Kindle Edition
|Length: 54 pages|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The style is easy, friendly, and helps the new writer break through the self-imposed barriers and doubts that hold a person back.
This book is filled with added links for extra study/discovery and fun exercises that get the thought process flowing. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has ever considered writing but thought s/he wouldn't measure up. George Angus tells you that you can and then shows you how to believe in yourself.
Embracing our writer selves is about surmounting self-doubt and addressing the roots supporting why we write. George has wrapped such topics with real and tangible approaches regarding how to get onto the road to your completed novel or manuscript. He speaks with us, and not TO us, and his writing style charms us along the way.
Especially helpful are the topics in the back matter -- a treasure trove of picture prompts, writing exercises, a writer's library, and other web resources that point us in the right direction.
Don't hesitate to download this ebook. I've read it though a few times since I purchased the book, and keep it nearby for moments of inspiration when I need them.
This little book is a concise and practical read for beginning writers who have contemplated writing but who have no idea where to start. The author writes about the writing life in a conversational tone that sets the reader at ease. The book is part instructional, part motivational, and part writing exercises for those who would like practice with writing prompts. At the end of each chapter, there are links to the author's blog where he provides more information.
I would recommend this book not just for adults, but for teens and even younger people as well. The book makes writing very approachable and would be a nice introduction for young people who have aspirations to write, but who are overwhelmed by the amount and complexity of resources available. "The Writing Experience" is a good, affordable, easy way to start!
Excellent job, Mr. Angus! I highly recommend this book for the budding author, the journalist, the blogger, or anyone with a desire to improve their writing.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Editing
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Editing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship