- Paperback: 140 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (September 11, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1475049110
- ISBN-13: 978-1475049114
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.3 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,213,004 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Writing With A Heavy Heart: Using Grief and Loss to Stretch Your Fiction
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Jaden's Writing With A Heavy Heart is a must-have for any writer's craft shelf. The combination of clear guidance and practical exercises allow writers to take their manuscripts to a deeper level."
- Eileen Cook Author of Unraveling Isobel and The Almost Truth
"Writing With A Heavy Heart absolutely nails the grieving process. I love the exercises included, because, to me, they make the whole thing a tangible help in applying it to a work in progress."
- Janet Gurtler, author of If I Tell and Who I Kissed
"Writing With A Heavy Heart has a lot of really good insights on grief and suggestions on how to incorporate them to fiction."
- Lee Strauss, author of The Perception Series
"Jaden's Writing with a Heavy Heart helped me add layers to my characters who experience loss. The tools provided in this piece make it practical in my writing projects."
- Cindy Callaghan, author of Just Add Magic and Purses, Palaces and Photographic Proof
About the Author
Denise Jaden attended the theatre program at college, and then enjoyed a variety of occupations, including stage production, mushroom farming, and professional Polynesian dancing. The first draft of her debut novel, Losing Faith, was written in 21 days during National Novel Writing Month. Never Enough is her second novel, and an anthology of companion/introductory stories, Never Enough Stories, can be found for free on www.smashwords.com. Her second book on the craft or writing, Fast Fiction, will be available from New World Library in 2014. Denise lives just outside Vancouver, Canada with her husband, son, and a crazy kitty. Find out more online at http://www.denisejaden.com or on Twitter: @denisejaden
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I love the easy way the book is set up. It's easy to follow and I especially love that the book includes writing prompts and exercises. It's a book you can use with every new project and for every genre of fiction.
Highly recommended to writers!
- Cindy Callaghan,author of Just Add Magic and Purses, Lost in London