Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Writing Literature Reviews: A Guide for Students of the Social and Behavioral Sciences
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on March 15, 2006
Writing for school is very stressful and not knowing what is expected makes it even more so. This book was recommended by my professor who likely did not want to spend a whole class or two walking us through the process. This book is an excellent resource to give you the guidance you need to get your literature review done. As with anything, getting started is the hardest part, but once you start, this book will take you through step-by-step. Highly recommend.
on October 28, 2007
This book seems to be written for an undergraduate audience. If you are a graduate students and/or if you have already taken a course in research methods, chapters 7-9 are probably the only ones that will be useful, new information for you. Since these chapters are helpful, I would still recommend the book to graduate students if you can find it for no more than $15, but I don't think it's worth much more than that.
on April 25, 2008
If you're writing your first literature review, this is the book for you! I purchased it as a required text for a graduate-level writing seminar. Galvan synthesizes everything you need to know to produce a quality review of the literature. The chapters are short and the text is easy to read. Additionally, there are 7 sample literature reviews included.

One more thing to keep in mind, purchase an APA or MLA handbook to be sure your citations are in correct format.
on May 26, 2009
By having this book in my hand I have been able to sort through what is quality research and also how to evaluate quantitative and qualitative articles.
on April 26, 2013
This work was recommended to me by a fellow researcher and I agree that it is a must read! Yes
on October 17, 2010
Thank you for the quick turnaround. I appreciate it as I needed it for a class this semester, and the class had already started. The book was in great shape.

Thank you again.
on August 16, 2013
My professor HIGHLY recommended this and I like it but I don't love it. I guess it's supposed to be the best though.
on July 14, 2009
Easy to read and understand. With exercises at the end of each chapter. Helps with synthesizing your research.
on December 20, 2012
Horrible read
uses $100.oo words instead of the easy .25 words
Too many word to say too little !
sold soon after reading !
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2009
Ordering through this seller was a great online experience. The book came within a very reasonable amount of time, despite doing standard shipping. This was a very good purchase/ordering experience and I recommend this seller/sender to anyone!