Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Writing Love: Screenwriting Tricks for Authors II: Story Structure for Pantsers and Plotters Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Sokoloff's advice is spot-on, and her teaching style is direct and effective. A must-have book for authors and screenwriters."
--- Bestselling author JA Konrath, A Newbie's Guide To Publishing
--- Vicki Pettersson, author of the Sign of the Zodiac series
From the Inside Flap
PART ONE: STORY STRUCTURE
1. The Master List
2. What's Your Premise?
3. First, You Need an Idea
4. What KIND of Story Is It?
5. The Three-Act, Eight-Sequence Structure
6. The Index Card Method
7. Story Elements Checklist
8. Elements of Act I
9. Plan, Central Question, Central Story Action
10. What's The Plan?
11. Hero/ine, Protagonist, Main Character
12. Hero and Heroine, Lover and Loved One
13. What Makes A Great Villain?
14. Elements of Act Two
15. Elements of Act Two, Part 2
16. Elements of Act Three
17. Top Ten Endings
18. What Makes a Great Climax?
19. Act Climaxes Overview and Examples
20. Expanding on the Key Story Elements
21. Expanded Story Elements Checklist
22. Love Story Elements
23. Fairy Tale Structure
24. Meta Structure
25. What is "High Concept"?
26. The Rule of Three
28. First Chapters
29. Theme and Thematic Image Systems
30. Visual Storytelling
31. Creating Suspense
32. Plants and Payoffs
33. The Big Twist
34. Character Introductions
35. Using Character Clusters
36. Your First Draft is Always Going to Suck
37. Top Ten Things I Know About Editing
38. A Process for Writing
PART TWO: STORY BREAKDOWNS
39. The Breakdowns
40. Leap Year
41. While You Were Sleeping42. Notting Hill
43. Four Weddings and a Funeral
44. The Proposal
45. New in Town
46. Groundhog Day
47. Sense and Sensibility
48. Romancing the Stone
49. Sea of Love
PART THREE: THE BUSINESS
50. Life is a Pitch Meeting
51. How Do I Get a Literary Agent?
52. Internet Resources for Writers
53. So You Want to Know About Screenwriting
54. Recommended Reading
Figure 1: Story Grid
- Publication Date : July 18, 2011
- File Size : 762 KB
- Print Length : 426 pages
- ASIN : B005DB81F2
- Lending : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #573,144 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: