- File Size: 4367 KB
- Print Length: 320 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0671024256
- Publisher: Scribner; 10 Anv edition (October 3, 2000)
- Publication Date: October 3, 2000
- Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000FC0SIM
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,277 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$17.00|
Save $4.01 (24%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 320 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
After reading the book, I found a new level of respect for Stephen King. He tells it like it is. At the end of the day, writing is really about the story. Truth be told, I read Hemmingway and Steinbeck in school because I had to and I read King because I wanted to. So he must be doing something right. New writers have a lot to learn from King, and I'm thankful that he took time to share his insight.
There are some lessons included and you are invited to send your solution to the author. I did not do that but I was tempted to send him the "Hey turkey" text. I did not do that either, firstly because he has probably already received thousands of those and, more importantly, because I haven't read the original book. Actually, On Writing was the first Stephen King book I ever read; maybe I should pick up one (Carrie?) to see what all the fuss is about.
Most recent customer reviews
As the title suggests, this is a book written for nervous authors looking for success by a frighteningly successful author.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides