Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Acoutsic Christmas Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 12, 2014
This is actually an amazing book in terms of ease of readability and helpfulness in improving writing style. Prior to reading this book, I had a vague (what I thought was thorough) understanding of the different styles of writing. I was raised by very artsy parents who were always enrolling me in writing classes in the hopes that they'd have a kid who was an author someday. Went the other way and became a scientist, and while I loved my years of creative writing, I lost some skill after writing for scientific research. This book gives the basics on how to cite and whatnot, but what I loved was the examples of various styles of writing and how they are broken down. I feel this would benefit people in any career track; creative writers, technical writers, doctors, lawyers, scientists, journalists, sociologists, etc. It's hard to know what skills you're lacking until you read a book that gives you a million new techniques to improve your writing style. It has a great chapter on analysis writing. Frankly, just reading the analysis chapter would benefit a lot of people in their ability to analyze media in general; ads, journals, newspapers, tv.. If you're a student and required to read this, don't hesitate to dig in and actually learn. If you're browsing books and considering this to improve your skills, I think you'll find this very comprehensive, straight forward, and helpful.
on April 15, 2016
great!
on July 23, 2016
I purchased this book for an english class that I took, to my dismay I was disappointed as I thought the book was going to have more information in it. I did like the book because of some of the helpful information in it. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to better their writing and reading skills.
on April 27, 2017
great
on July 8, 2014
on June 30, 2013
Used this for a freshman English college course--had great selections of literature for all different kinds of majors. Helpful for writing different kinds of essays.
on September 6, 2016
Exactly what I needed for my class and at a much better price than the college bookstore could offer.
on February 12, 2017
Excellent source of information about writing! Just what I needed!
on October 11, 2016
This book was used for my English course in college. These essays are bias (to me)
on December 9, 2016
Great option instead of buying college texts