Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.13 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wusthof 4455 10-Inch Sharpening Steel, Ceramic
|Price:||$48.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ceramic sharpening rods; do not wear out
- Useful on knives that are made of harder steel
- Slip-resistant plastic handle fits comfortably in the hand
- Loop on the handle for hanging
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth after each sharpening session
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Wusthof 4455 10-Inch Sharpening Steel, Ceramic
Wusthof 10-Inch Sharpening Steel B00009WDT8
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The Veritable Nomad||Amazon.com||Bay Area Housewares||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||2 inches x 11 inches x 2 inches||1.5 inches x 18.5 inches x 2.5 inches||1 inches x 10.5 inches x 1 inches||2 inches x 14 inches x 2 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.66 pounds||0.7 pounds||0.7 pounds||0.66 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Very easy to sharpen my knives, and keep them sharp.
1. Metal tends to wear off of the knife and onto the ceramic, making the ceramic less coaese, and therefore not able to sharpen anymore. You have to wipe down the sharpening rod each time you use it, or it will become less useful.
2. No instructions to tell you about the best way to use the rod, or how to care for and maintain the rod.
1. If you don't know how to sharpen a knife properly (I just learned myself), go to youtube and watch some how to's.
2. Practice on a knife you do not care about at first to get the feel of a ceramic sharpenning rod, especially If you have expensive knives and do not want to ruin them.
I recieved a gift certificate for Christmas so I thought what the heck I'll buy the Wusthof 4455 10 inch sharpening Steel/Ceramic. It is the best investment I have made in a long time. This Ceramic steel works like a champ. I have used it on every knife I own including my bread knives. This Ceramic puts a factory edge on knives with little effort. A few swipes and you are good to go.
No Cons about it. I would recomend this to anyone. In fact I dumped my other steels and this is the only one in my kitchen.
Enjoy and watch your fingers.
Don't overuse it though as its mildly abrasive surface does remove tiny portions of the blade with each use, unlike its metal predecessor.
One more precaution... being ceramic, it is fragile and will shatter into pieces if dropped onto a hard surface such as a tiled floor or granite countertop. I keep mine in a drawer with only soft neighbors such as pot holders and oven gloves, in a trimmed back version of its soft surfaced shipping cradle.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This thing is a work horse, I beat the crap out this daily and it takes the abuse and still after almost three years sharpens my knives extremely well, I couldn't be more pleased... Read morePublished 10 months ago by THATCHEFKID
Does a very good job of sharpening my Wusthof knives. I have use this item for a few years and have not noted that it is wearing on the blade as I seem to recall one reviewed... Read morePublished 12 months ago by k in Texas
Does a nice job in short order, not sure how long it will last but I'll probably buy another one!Published on May 25, 2014 by Billebob
I have a lot of different Chef knives that i use, from Chicago Cutlery to Wusthof to Hinckels to my pride and joys...my Shun Ken Onion style Chef Knife and Carving Knife... Read morePublished on March 2, 2014 by J. Godshall