Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 266 reviews
on October 30, 2016
Do not buy this for Clapton. Good luck in finding his participation.
on February 4, 2013
This Wynton Marsalis and Eric Clapton CD was a disappointment. Too progressive for me. I like Dixieland Jazz the most and was hoping this would satisfy that craving.
on October 14, 2011
Don't buy this disc. Marsalis and Clapton deserve more than the quality of this recording. You will be disappointed. Marsalis and Willie Nelson sound much, much better.
on September 29, 2011
This album is in the style of dixie land jazz. If you are not a big fan of dixie land jazz (not many people are this century) then I would avoid this album. Unfortunately, Mr. Clapton feels anything he can record quickly from a concert and package it a 'blues' album will sell. It worked on me - I bought the album based on my respect and love of Clapton's music - without listening to samples. I will never do that again. I felt Clapton playing dixieland was about as authentic as Louis Armstrong playing 'White Room' or Hendrix belting out a Cole Porter tune.
on November 1, 2011
I love the horn playing of Wynton Marsalis. He's so talented. When I bought the Marsalis & Clapton CD I was very disappointed to hear the poor music in my opinion. I will never buy another Marsalis & Clapton duet again.
on September 21, 2011
I was leary of this when I saw the blurb, but where could you go wring with these 2? It was a big band show, where at lease, Clapton got lost in the crowd. I have never heard a worse rendition of Layla. If you like things closer to Jazz, this is for you. If you want more Blues, you can pass.