Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2016
But will be greatly enjoyed by those who don't embody what Richard Dawkins calls "the tyranny of the discrete mind". These interpretations are bright, playful, challenging, and balance a modern sensibility with a deep respect for --- not a slavish worship of --- tradition. Thoroughly wonderful and well worth the price.
on February 8, 2017
I love this CD. This is the second CD; the first was stolen from my car. Someone had good taste.
on March 11, 2007
As I've said in other reviews of music, I don't know the technicalities, but I know what I like. Wynton Marsalis has never failed to delight and, truth be told, I use "In Gabriel's Garden" as background music in the office and to fall asleep to. As smooth or smoother than any trumpet player I've ever heard, and his "Moto Perpetuo" is simply unbelievable.

He rounds out my four favorite classical musicians: Itzhak Perlman, Earl Wild, David Russell, and Wynton Marsalis. How would you like to see all four on stage? A pipe dream: I can't even get tickets to any one of them unless I know four years in advance that they're going to be in town.

Btw, "Classical Wynton" is my all-time favorite Marsalis album.

I have one wish, and can't forgive PBS for not doing this: Wynton had a program for kids about jazz, and after "its run," they never brought it back. I think it should be required in all schools.
on August 18, 2017
Never would've bought it if the tracks were listed. Terrible examples of Marsalis playing classical. Nothing but 2 minute fanfares.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2014
Excellent performance of well chosen obscure (to me) music
on February 7, 2013
This was my first Wynton Marsalis CD and will always be the best. I love his trumpet music more than anything else I listen to.
on January 15, 2015
Great recording with excellent playing by Wynton Marsalis.
on March 14, 2014
I was given a copy and it got broken
Immediately went to amazon to see
If was available my go to music in the car
on April 25, 2008
From the moment I heard this CD on my classical radio station, I knew I had to own it. This is one of my favorite CD's for relaxing. The selections are wonderful and Marsalis makes them even more beautiful with his unmistakable style.
on December 13, 2011
I bought this CD after hearing one of the pieces performed on a youtube video and couldn't be happier!!!

This CD is a delight to listen to!

So many beautiful pieces, and each perfectly executed.

Wynton makes his playing sound so effortless, fun, and alive!!!

Highly recommended.