Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on March 6, 2017
Okay, I am a teacher on a budget and I am so upset I spent $10 more on my School Smart electric pencil sharpener two years ago. This sharpener is AMAZING! And cheaper?! The sound is a LOT quieter and the shavings bin is a lot bigger and STURDIER!! It sharpens the pencils to a point without eating them. Im in love with this sharpener! Like others have said, this pencil sharpener is ideal for bulk sharpening pencils. I sharpen about 40 a day and it works great! I'm in love with it!
132 helpful votes
133 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 27, 2017
This pencil sharpener is horrible! It only lasted long enough to make it past the return window. I am a public school teacher, whose school doesn't provide necessary materials, and I've unfortunately wasted my money on this. I have to now purchase another electric pencil sharpener. This couldn't have been brand new. Very disappointing!!!
110 helpful votes
111 helpful votes
on April 14, 2017
Bought for my teacher wife because of the name and reputation in February, by the end of March would not work at all.. She brought it home and I inspected it, thinking that the switch was bad that is activated when a pencil is inserted. Nothing, tested with volt meter and found switch working, assumed motor defective. Very disappointing, obviously I got a "bad one", and didn't have the time and opportunity to return.
105 helpful votes
106 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 11, 2017
I finally got to use this product, and after sharpening 50 items in quick succession, it quit because of overheating. Clearly this is NOT fit for its intended use. It simply cannot handle hardwood (foreign made) pencils, only the softwood in the USA. It's grossly underpowered as well, stopping when an item is pushed too hard, which doesn't take much. Unfortunately the last return date from Amazon was 4/25/17. I missed it by 15 days, and now I'm stuck with 2 of these. One has never been unboxed.

DON'T BE STUCK WITH THEM! DO NOT BUY THEM!
97 helpful votes
98 helpful votes
on April 10, 2013
I'm a teacher. I'm an English teacher, so my students do a lot of writing. I've been through so many pencil sharpeners in my 7 years it's ridiculous! I spent a good 2 weeks at the beginning of the school year researching pencil sharpeners to find a good one that would last more than a month. After reading review after review, I decided that I should get the X-Acto Pro X.

Here I am with 6 weeks left of the school year, and my pencil sharpener is working just as well as it did day 1. My next door neighbor teacher will come and sharpen her pencils in my classroom because it works so well. My students will sharpen their pencils as they walk out the door because they know I have the best one in the school.

This has really been the best pencil sharpener I've ever had. My co-worker will be getting one for her classroom as well.
128 helpful votes
129 helpful votes
on October 15, 2016
I received the sharpener in 2 days after it got shipped. I have used all kinds of electric sharpeners and they have lasted about 3 to 6 months. I like other X-Acto products, so I wanted to try its sharpener. I like how quieter this sharpener sounds than other so-called quiet sharpeners. It does not have an automatic shut off but the cutters will get shifted away so it will sound like the pencil doesn't get sharpened any longer. Another bonus is that it has a multiple pencil guide that can fit different size pencils. Price wise, it's not bad! I'd give it 4 1/2 stars for now. Let's see how long this will last. This will be used 3 days a week for about 10 to 30 times a day.
review image
44 helpful votes
45 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on August 13, 2017
This works very well. It is much quieter and more efficient than the sharpener provided by the school. I now have one for home and one in my classroom. I sharpened over 500 pencils in less than an hour, and they are VERY sharp. The day before I ordered it I sharpened 1000 pencils badly with a hand held sharpener, which took all day and blistered 3 fingers. (Small wonder I like this product so much!)
3 helpful votes
on October 12, 2016
After working in education for over 10 years, this is hands down the best pencil sharpener I've ever used! I work with students with special needs and I had issues with other pencil sharpeners in the past. No more broken or misaligned tips and no more pencil nubs from over sharpening. I think this well be the first year I don't go through multiple sharpeners in one school year!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on October 4, 2017
I normally buy electric pencil sharpeners at Costco, but when our unexpectedly died, the thought of a Costco run just for a pencil sharpener led me to an online search. As there are a lot of poorly constructed and overpriced pencil sharpeners out there, I am pleased to report that this is a great product for the price. I bought it because it accommodates different size pencils, but it is larger than the picture indicates. It is also sturdy and I expect it to last for a long time.
1 helpful vote
on August 25, 2017
Oh this is so nice!!! We had a much cheaper sharpener from a big box store that didn't really work well from the beginning and slowly just stopped working. This works so nicely and sharpens very fast. We are so thankful! We have sharpened many colored pencils and regular pencils as we had many needing it and it's working very well. The sensor to stop leaves a very long point, so we stop a little shy of the automatic guide. The various size holes are nice to have as well. Well worth the money!
1 helpful vote