X - Live In Los Angeles
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Only Live DVD from the Quintessential L.A. Punk Band!
The musical history of Los Angeles can be divided into two distinct eras: "Before X" and "After X." X was one of the first U.S. punk bands, but by adding rockabilly and country elements, they became a major influence on the Americana/alt-country movement of the last 15 years, not to mention subsequent waves of punk bands.
X: Live In Los Angeles commemorates the 25th anniversary of the bands landmark debut album, Los Angeles. With this DVD, the original lineup comes together once again to celebrate this milestone with a killer 21-song set of fan favorites.
1. Your Phones Off The Hook, But Youre Not
2. In This House That I Call Home
3. Were Desperate
4. Beyond & Back
5. White Girl
6. The Unheard Music
7. Los Angeles
8. True Love
9. Im Coming Over
10. Blue Spark
11. The New World
13. Johny Hit And Run Paulene
14. Motel Room In My Bed
16. Because I Do
17. Devil Doll
18. The Hungry Wolf
19. Year 1
20. The Worlds A Mess, Its In My Kiss
21. Soul Kitchen
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is an awesome concert. The only two problems are that 1) it is just 67 minutes long and 2) John Doe's bass is buried too deep in the mix.
Every X fan should get this. More importantly, anyone who doesn't know about X should get this.
Why X? Did you know, for example, that:
- X has a different sound based on the unique harmonies between co-lead singers Exene Cervenka and John Doe that really sets them apart from anything else out there?
- Doe, Cervenka and drummer DJ Bonebrake also play in the country punk band The Knitters?
- Billy Zoom, the guitarist who originally formed the band, used to play rockabilly guitar for Gene Vincent and other big stars, and has been voted one of the greatest guitar players ever by Guitar Player magazine?
- X were playing Leadbelly tunes way before Kurt Cobain?
- Ray Manzarek, keyboard player of The Doors, produced X's first four albums? This is one of the big reasons why the band covered and generally closed its concerts with "Soul Kitchen" from the album The Doors
- Cervenka and Doe used to be married, before Exene later married Viggo Mortensen -- Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings movies?
- Billy Zoom left the band from the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s, but during this time the band still managed to record X Live at the Whisky a Go-Go, one of the greatest live rock albums ever, with guitarist Tony Gilkyson?
As this DVD proves, X is still as good as ever. Billy Zoom still plays standing in his trademark splayed-leg stance with a broad grin on his face. Did I say he is awesome? Awesome.
I waited way too long before getting this one, thinking I could do without an X DVD. And I could have. But why should I? This really is worth it, and I'm sure I'll be putting this one in the player more often than a lot of my other music DVDs. Really, really good.
It's well filmed; there isn't that MTV, rapid editing that can cause seizures. The audio is excellent; you can actually understand the lyrics. It's well mixed. It's far superior to a lot of live performance DVD's currently released by some bands. X released a product that is worthy of ones money.
If you like X; you'll love this DVD. If you just appreciate a good rock/punk concert, you won't be disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
All of their great songs. This is a concert you don't want to miss- I think I got the video for 10.Read more
The DVD contains all the great songs.Read more