Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,098 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,541 reviews
on February 12, 2015
Excellent sequel to First Class adds more firepower by including team members from the original series of films. Yes, purists will whine because the movie differs a great deal from the comics but you have to remember: this is the movie universe NOT the comics universe. Excellent effects make the powers of all the mutants pretty amazing. Film goes overboard trying to cram way too many characters into the alternate future timeline, leaving you with a "Wait! Who the heck was that?" moment every few seconds. Original cast members get a last (?) romp and seem to be having a grand time. The scene between old & young Xavier is a terrific one. The introduction of Quicksilver is lots of fun and he gets perhaps the single greatest scene in the entire film as he displays his powers in an awesome sequence brilliantly set to the classic Jim Croce tune "Time In A Bottle" that just stuns. Young Xavier, Magneto & Mystique are uniformly excellent and The Sentinels finally get a chance to strut their stuff, though many may balk at the huge changes to the design of their future versions. I was thoroughly engrossed & entertained for 2+ hours and that's all I need to sell me on this and whole-heartedly recommend it to you. If you like X-Men 2 and First Class then you should LOVE this installment in the popular mutant series. As one would expect of a new film in high-def, this Blu-ray presentation of the movie does not disappoint. Clean, crisp picture & the sound mix is leveled nicely, no muffled dialogue or sudden explosive music or effects to force you to constantly adjust the volume during the film. Lots of cool (but brief) bonus features are included, too. Also note: there's a post end credits teaser that gives us a glimpse of the chaos to come in the series' next installment: X-Men - Apocalypse. Count me in! 5 STARS
on January 19, 2015
DoFP is easily my favorite X-Men movie at the moment. I've read the comic, and watched the 90s animated series version of it, so I'm well aware of the changes made to the movie, but they didn't detract from the well-written story and good follow-up with First Class that it is. Everyone on the cast does their absolute best within their roles, but I felt McAvoy and Fassbender really took the cake here in regards to acting.

Interesting scenes, while there were several, I am still amazed at how well done the jailbreak sequence with Quicksilver was. However, it would've been nice if a line or two were thrown in as to why he couldn't continue to help the rest of the group. The sentinels did a good job of showing how desperate a situation they made it for everyone in the future, but I would've liked a bit more insight as to they were largely unknown until this storyline. Also, even for a fictional movie based on a comic book, the future sentinels seemed downright impossible given their advanced technology, allowing them to have several mutant powers of their own, was modeled after Mystique's ability to 'appear' like other people.

This movie also stars Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, for the sixth time. I like the character of Wolverine/Logan/James Howlette(?)... but I like a lot of other X-Men characters too. I fully understand why he was given the lead role here, and it makes sense within the context presented in the movie as well, but let's face it, Fox simply can't compete with the Marvel(Disney) studios quality of movies of the last few years so why not bring in some more popular characters that fans can get equally attached to? Hopefully this is what happens in Age of Apocalypse, as well as the other stand-alone movies that have been announced/hinted at, but for the time being I will enjoy this golden age of comic movies for as long as it lasts. If you happen to be a fan of this genre I would definitely recommend checking out Days of Future Past.
on January 8, 2015
REGION FREE

Disc 1: Blu-Ray 3D Feature Film
Disc 2: Blu-Ray 2D Feature Film + Extras

2014, 132 min.
Video: 1080p High Definition 16:9 Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: 7.1 DTS-HD, English Descriptive Audio 5.1 Dolby Digital,
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital,
Russian 5.1 DTS, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, Ukrainian 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, Korean, Latvian,
Lithuanian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian
Extras: Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary by Director Bryan Singer)(6 min.),
Kitchen Sequence (6 min.), Gag Reel (6 min.),
Double Take: Xavier & Magneto (12 min.), X-Men: Reunited (10 min.),
Classification: M (12 min.), Sentinels: For a Secure Future (9 min.), Picture Gallery,
Theatrical Trailers, Second Screen App, Sneak Peak of Exodus: Gods and Kings
on August 25, 2015
I thought they did a great job of showing the story contained in the comics that I remembered reading back then. I am sure I have forgotten enough of the details to not nerd rage about what was different but the feel of the original story was captured. I liked getting the chance to see the old professor and Magneto doing their thing and flashing back to the younger versions from the last movie. I have really enjoyed what Hugh Jackman has done with the character of Wolverine and I will miss him when he decides to hang up the claws. The scene's with quicksilver really steals the show for me and you don't laugh at the slow-mo scene in the kitchen then you might have forgotten that you are watching a comic come to life.

If you have liked the latest interpretations of the characters then I would expect you to like this at least enough to be entertained.
Loved this film. It's a difficult one to review without spoilers, so I am going to be quite careful here... First off, bottom line up front, rent this one right now if you are a fan of the X-Men movies and spinoffs. Having seen them all (multiple times) I can recommend this one without hesitation.

OK, so what made it so fun? First, the acting is top notch. Of course, with such an A-list cast, perhaps that's to be expected. But, I can say no one "mailed in" their performance. Jackman, Lawrence, all of them played their roles to the hilt. I particularly enjoyed Charles Xavier throughout, from his drunken, darker moments, to the later portions (again, avoiding spoilers).

The threat posed by the enemy, especially at the beginning of the film, actually had me wondering how they were going to defeat them. Normally, those things are somewhat easy to sort out, but - as you will see in the opening scenes - these are not your usual villains... The personal struggles of the main characters were believable and interesting to watch unfold.

Finally, the pure fun of the film, the excellent CGI, and the action (obviously the cornerstones of these films) not only did not disappoint, but improved on the previous films.

So, with all those non-spoilers, I hope I have conveyed that, if you are on the fence about this one, it is definitely worth the rental!!!
on October 21, 2015
This was probably the best X-Men movie to date. I'm probably a little biased by the fact that this one was released in 3D. And the 3D in this film were great. Not too in your face, but I was very immersed at all times. Great story and a clever integration of all of the new characters with those of the original films. Props to Hugh who seems to get more and more ripped for every movie he makes in the franchise. Great seeing the old with the new as well as the very new cast working together.
on May 14, 2017
CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Very few sequels even meet the standard set forth by their predecessor. Some even exceed the original (in my opinion "Terminator 2" eclipses "The Terminator" on several levels). But, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" outshines all the X-Men films to date - including the follow-up "Apocalypse". I'm able to ignore the political agenda messages planted throughout the film to enjoy a story about redemption. All through the film, there are truly top-notch performances from all the people involved. From actors to directors to grips, they all produced a film that may not be exceeded within its universe. The tales of sadness, loss and longing are compelling and beautifully executed. I love how the ending happily restores the characters of the original film.
on November 12, 2014
I grew up with comics and was always a big X-Men fan. I read the original Days of Future Past story when it first came out and it was immediately one of my favorite X-men stories. This movie does not try to tell that story verbatim, the biggest change is that in the comic it was Kitty Pryde who traveled into her old self not Wolverine.

The movie does a great job of bridging the gap between the original X-Men movies and the next generation of the First Class world. All around excellent job by the cast in playing different versions of the same characters. And a big kudos to the scenes with Quicksilver.

There are a lot of winks to the comics fans who read and remember the original story littered throughout the movie too (check out the ways various characters are killed and compare to the comic). The movie also brings in some of my other favorite X-Men story the Age of Apockalypse which is where Blink originally appeared (I think, it has been awhile). The next X movie is going to fully feature Apockalypse (yeah I know that is not the correct spelling of the word, the characters name was spelled different). I really look forward to it.
on December 22, 2014
The movie itself is enjoyable, though I'm not a big fan of 'time travel in order to reset the Marvel universe and bring the potential for returning a lot of characters (still want to know how Professor X came back).

The 3D effects are decent, it didn't seem to overly dark, though for the most part it just seemed to add some depth to the viewing experience. Some of the best effects came during the scene in the Pentagon kitchen.
on June 10, 2017
6-10-17 3rd viewing. Put it off for a long time because I remembered not enjoying that 2nd viewing all that much for reasons now bedimmed. I only started it to see the beginning scenes of "last days" and then turn it off. Nope. Caught.

Silly dang stuff this is, eh? But hey, sue me for having psychic handholds that Hollywood can grab me with like everyone else. Future self -- I wouldn't watch this until at least 2019.