Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

X-Men: First Class Blu ray video corruption?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2011, 10:24:39 PM PDT
vicsrealms says:
I have tried the blu ray disc on my gaming systems blu ray drive (Samsung SH-B123L), my laptops Plextor PX-B310U, my HTPC's (SH-B123L x2), my PS3, and my Sony Blu ray drive. I have check for updates on firmware for all of them. I have even upgrade my drivers on my systems. Yet, I am still getting video corruption problems and the video itself on my 40" LCD TV, and my 27" monitor looks absolutely horrible.

This is the first blu ray disc to have this problem. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Posted on Sep 9, 2011, 10:48:04 PM PDT
M. Palacios says:
Not me. Sorry, wish I can help.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011, 3:58:05 PM PDT
I read that some people are having problems playing the blu-ray on highdefdigest.com's forums. Check there.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011, 8:39:14 PM PDT
vicsrealms says:
Finally got it to play on my sony blu ray player and my PS3. Still no luck with the internal and external blu ray players for my gaming machine and my htpc.

Posted on Sep 11, 2011, 8:24:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2011, 8:25:18 AM PDT
you need to shut your internet off on your blu rays / ps3 off cause the bd-live function makes the video skip alot.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011, 7:17:55 PM PDT
vicsrealms says:
Alright. I will try that and see if it works. Still, kind of strange as this hasn't happened with any of the others. Maybe they over did a bit on this one. My Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre just doesn't like that disc.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011, 11:44:25 AM PDT
Ryan Renneke says:
No issues on my PS3.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011, 6:18:01 PM PDT
Alex H says:
I only had an issue on the special features during the last featurette of X MARKS THE SPOT entitled "60s Smooth" or something like that. The scene with Mystique and Magneto is pixelated, but on the during movie mode it plays, though there was a slight pause.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2011, 3:17:17 PM PDT
wok fanatic says:
The video freezes alot on my PS3. Im not signed to PSN. Never had this issue before on any BD.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011, 3:41:40 PM PDT
wok fanatic says:
Turned off my internet connection on my PS3 and that did the trick.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2011, 10:36:39 PM PDT
I have had the same issue. The Blu-Ray will not play on my Sony player. I have returned it to Amazon.com and am getting another copy to re-confirm but I think there is some major problems with this disc.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 6:27:34 AM PDT
Had the same issue. Here's the solution.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/tomasocelot/news/?a=46333

Hopefully Fox issues a recall/ firmware update that fixes this issue.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 5:58:00 AM PDT
On 3 different copies the video freezes on my PS3. You're not the only one.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 1:51:31 PM PDT
HOMER says:
I have a samsung and Sony player and it won't play! I have updated both players still no go, rio did the same thing, black screen.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 8:20:52 PM PDT
I followed the procedure that is available online about disconnecting from internet, deleting the BD folder, and the re-running the movie. It works but is this how it is supposed to be?

I mean really!!!!! Do I have to do this every time?

Posted on Sep 17, 2011, 10:24:37 AM PDT
Mark Greeder says:
Here is the answer to playing X-Men: First Class in your Sony Blu Ray 3D Home Theater System. 1. Make sure the X-Men: First Class DVD is not in your player. 2. Go to Video and scroll up to the top and under BD Data, erase all BD data. 3. Get out of Video and go to BD DVD view setting. 4. go to BD internet connections and choose Do not allow. 5. Put in your new X-Men: First Class blu ray DVD and it will play without problems.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011, 10:26:35 AM PDT
Mark Greeder says:
Here is the answer to playing X-Men: First Class in your Sony Blu Ray 3D Home Theater System. 1. Make sure the X-Men: First Class DVD is not in your player. 2. Go to Video and scroll up to the top and under BD Data, erase all BD data. 3. Get out of Video and go to BD DVD view setting. 4. go to BD internet connections and choose Do not allow. 5. Put in your new X-Men: First Class blu ray DVD and it will play without problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011, 6:43:39 PM PDT
Dan Harkins says:
I bought the Bluray Disc X-Men First class, and I put it into my Sony BDP-570. It did not not work. So I returned it to the store. Tried the second disc. Again no response. So I upgraded the fireware in my Sony BDP. This did not help. But I had my digital copy. I tried that in my computer. Again it did not work. OK I will take it again kcab to the store and just get the DVD version.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011, 5:52:03 PM PDT
Trey Owen says:
I'm not going to go through all these ridiculous steps every time I want to watch XMen FC. Somebody please tell me if I should expect this often as I start the switch from DVDs to Blu-Ray discs. I have new Sony BRD player and a Samsung BRD player and both are up to date with firmware. Is this normal? Is this a problem with the disc or the players? Should I expect a new disc to be released or should I expect firmware updates for my players?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011, 2:13:33 PM PDT
Alex H says:
I think this was a problem with the X-MEN FC Blu-Ray disc itself. I played my disc on my JVC XV-BP11, that's not connected online, and it played fine. The only problem I had was at the special features during one small scene.

This is the first time that I've ever had a problem with any Blu-Ray Disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011, 7:39:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2011, 7:40:55 AM PDT
DadMan says:
Thanks Mark Greeder. I hear it works for some but didn't work for Sony BDP-BX1 (aka BDP-S350) with the latest v. 24 firmware. I needed an 'excuse' to upgrade it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2011, 7:57:56 AM PDT
not sure if i WOULD have had the problem, but i followed all steps here (besides #2, but i hadn't yet put the disc in) - and it works great in my ps3. awesome bluray, awesome movie

thx for this post, it probably saved me some headaches :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011, 3:04:00 PM PDT
Rachel says:
yep, it won't play on any of my 3 blu-ray players. The digital copy seems to work though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011, 3:17:27 PM PDT
Rachel says:
This worked for me, THANKS!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011, 7:51:12 AM PST
I. Aiken says:
Really? I get a read error as soon as I put it into mine.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about