X-Men Origins: Wolverine
New Box Art
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Hugh Jackman reprises the role that made him a superstar - as the fierce fighting machine who possesses amazing healing powers, retractable claws and a primal fury. Leading up to the events of X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe whose appearances in the film series have long been anticipated.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The UNRATED Cut is much better than the theatrical cut.
**Note, SPOILERS follow, so read at your own risk**.
1) There is more gore, but primarily CGI blood sprays. Some shots of Wolverine's claws going through people's limbs, but nothing explicit. No graphic dismemberments.
2) Wolverine drops a few more f-bombs.
3) Some of the opening scenes depicting Wolverine at the POW camp are a little longer.
4) The scene involving Wolverine, an arrow, and the hunter is slightly longer and more brutal.
5) Slightly longer dialogue with Yukio on the way to the plane.
6) Relationship between Mariko and Yashida and Shingen and Yashida is better fleshed out in the unrated cut.
7) A new scene where Yashida asks Logan his age.
8) A new scene with Yashida talking to Shingen on his deathbed, telling him, "You are not the man to lead Yashida".
9) A new scene at the love hotel where the Yakuza show up and get into a fight with Wolverine. Mariko intervenes and demonstrates some fighting skill as well.
10) Wolverine's operation on himself is bloodier.
11) The fight scene between Shingen and Wolverine is slightly longer and now depicts Shingen rather graphically cutting into Wolverine's shoulder blade (no blood though).
12) A new scene where Viper gives Hadana poison for his arrows, which he later uses to bring down Wolverine at the ninja fight.
13) The ninja fight scene is now much longer. Wolverine gets dragged away in nets and hit by ninjas on bikes. Yukio shows up to assist Wolverine and drives around in a snow plow chopping up hapless ninjas (some hearty blood spraying). Wolverine lights his familiar cigar midway through the battle.
I'm actually glad the extra action scenes were removed from the theatrical cut. Some of the action seemed a bit silly (e.g. ninjas hitting Wolverine with their motorbikes, although Wolverine lighting his trademark cigar was nifty). Furthermore, Yukio's appearance detracted from Wolverine's thematic solo search for Mariko. Didn't think Yukio added much to the scene.
14) The Silver Samurai battle is the same length as previously.
Overall, the unrated cut is much better dimensioned than the theatrical cut. This is the one to get!!