Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 29, 2015
The Wolverine exists in its own world and that's very refreshing at this point. I was so tired of Fox hammering in mutant cameos just for the sake of cameos and ruining future use of cool characters. The focus is on Logan separated from that X-Men Universe and they do it masterfully well. This movie has done what Fox has refused to do over the years. They touch on and stay true to plot essences from the books. The awesome Claremont/Miller saga really is felt in this film.
on March 2, 2014
Hugh played the part good as always!! I have read some of the comics as a kid. Of course I read so many different ones. Storyline good for an action/entertainment. And I am glad it continued from the last X-Men. What bothered me about the movie was how the villian was taking wolverines healing. I didnt like it. Sorry but wolverines healing is more than his metal. These movies you learn he has lived a long time without the metal until he is given it. To me it should have been more about cells or DNA. Something like that. He seemed more animal like in the older movies. Sniffing the air...being alert. I liked that about Wolverine. But it is definitely a movie to watch!! Action special effects and the continuation of the story!! I watched it twice.
on February 26, 2014
I almost didn't buy this because they've really capitalized on the Wolverine character. But we were curious, so I bought it. I'm glad I did. The movie was good. The plot was good and nothing at all like we'd expected from it. The acting was good. Plenty of action. Good blend of drama and suspense with a light amount of comedy thrown in. Don't care much for subtitles (when the actors are speaking in a foreign language), but that's only because I'm visually impaired and my husband has to read them to me, but that's just my own personal taste. This was an all around good movie and I'd defenitely recommend it.
on October 13, 2013
Like with all other movies in the X-Men series, this one is action-packed. Fans will find lots to like while non/casual fans will be entertained.

The world didn’t need this movie as Wolverine’s origin is satisfactorily given center stage in X2. While this is an entertaining diversion, there’s nothing essential about this movie.

The filmmakers tried to pack as many references to the comic book series that it becomes distracting to those in the know. To those not, these references are wasted and only provide narrative clutter.

The de-aging CGI employed at the end is an awful blemish to a otherwise decent movie.
2 people found this helpful
on October 13, 2017
Another thrilling segment in the XMen story. Is more about the Wolverine, not about the others but is a grand adventure. Arrived in good time and wrapped well. Thank you!
on April 22, 2015
I really do enjoy any super hero movie and try to keep an open mind, but this one just had me at a loss.

I had some difficulty paying attention to the plot. Mainly because it wasn't that interesting or practical. It is essentially Wolverine being told "Don't do that, you're not going to win", Wolverine doing said thing, and Wolverine winning. I'm all for the victor and I get Wolverine's abilities, but it was just kind of dumb.

If you're looking for some fun fight scenes and cool special effects, this may fit the bill. If you're looking for the best super hero movie out there, scroll on.
on March 5, 2015
Access Hollywood calls this "The must-see superhero movie". Rated PG-13 for violence and innuendo, this film has Hugh Jackman reprise his role as Wolverine. Logan must go to Japan to face an old enemy. Whenever Logan heads to Japan, as known by the comic book readers for many years, extreme violence is an understatement! This heroes main weapons are claws so you get the idea! Wolverine is always pushed to his limits in Japan fighting everybody from Ninjas to Silver Samurai! Marvel Comics' most violent hero in Earth's most deadly area, the Orient. 'Nuff said.
on August 20, 2013
The plot isn't bad, a little thin, but it works well enough to tell the general public about Wolverine's start in life. Hugh Jackman still can pull off a great comic book hero after all these years.

Everyone knows the complaints about Deadpool, we'll just skip over that. I'm even okay if Victor Creed and Sabretooth are two different mutants with similar powers in the movieverse. I was mostly disappointed with the special effects in the movie. The motorcycle jump at the helicopter and the spoiler face at the end of the movie where just plain badly done. I think anyone that is a fan of the other movies can skip it unless they really need a mutant fix.
on August 20, 2017
I found this to be the most entertaining of the franchise. It was fun and action filled, not preachy or poetic, just wicked action filled entertainment.
on March 18, 2014
I didn't see the other Wolverine movie, but this one was pretty good. It shows another glimpse into Wolverine's past. Also, this movie was much more violent compared to other X-Men stuff; it had blood shooting everywhere, more graphic kills, Logan actually dropping the S-bomb and others, etc. I only wish they showed what happened after he leaves Japan. He gets on a plane, and all of a sudden it's 2yrs later, and he lands somewhere in the US, and gets greeted by two surprising guests. What happened with the kick-ass chic that he left Japan with?? She ought to be in in the X-Men movie again somewhere; her character is too good to simply drop-off.