X-Rite i1Basic Pro 2 (EO2BAS)
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17 x 13.7 x 6.1 inches|
|Item Weight||2 Kilograms|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten
- ISO 13655 M1: D50
- ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for today's enhanced range of substrates. See what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under standard and specific light conditions using one device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for measurement of smaller patch sizes in manual mode saving on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- i1BASIC PRO 2 includes: i1Pro 2 device, calibration plate, ambient light measurement head, monitor holder, positioning target, scanning ruler, backup board, USB cable, i1Profiler software for monitors, PANTONE Color Manager software and storage case.
- Spectral Range: 380 - 730 nm
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
i1Basic Pro 2 you can quickly and easily create custom monitor and projector profiles that ensure the colors you view are true, verify soft proofs and print quality with built-in Quality Assurance (QA) tools, and easily capture and manage spot colors. Plus, with the free colorTRUE mobile app you can even calibrate your Apple iOS phone and tablet. i1Basic Pro 2 combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional level color management for imaging pros.
i1Basic Pro 2
i1Photo Pro 2
i1Publish Pro 2
|i1Basic Pro 2||i1Photo Pro 2||i1Publish Pro 2||X-Rite i1iO|
|Hands Free Automation||Only with i1iO Table||Only with i1iO Table||Only with i1iO Table||Requires i1Pro 2 device not included|
|PANTONE Color Manager||✓||✓||✓||-|
|ColorChecker Camera Profiling||-||✓||✓||-|
|ColorChecker Proof/ColorChecker Classic Mini||-||✓||✓||-|
Compare with similar items
X-Rite i1Display Pro Plus (EODIS3PL)
X-Rite i1Display Pro (EODIS3),i1Display Pro Display Calibration
X-Rite i1Display Studio (EODISSTU)
X-Rite ColorMunki Display (CMUNDIS)
X-Rite ColorMunki Smile (CMUNSML)
|Sold By||VL Camera||Photo4Less||Photo4Less||Photo4Less||Toys House||Digital Tech.|
|Item Dimensions||17 x 13.7 x 6.1 inches||5.5 x 2 x 7.5 inches||2 x 2 x 3 inches||7.75 x 5.75 x 2 inches||5.6 x 2.05 x 7.56 inches||2.05 x 5.59 x 7.56 inches|
Professional Color Management
i1Basic Pro 2 is the new standard of perfection for Color Perfectionists looking for an affordable, professional-level spectral color measurement solution offering display and projector profiling, monitor and print quality assurance and spot color measurement.
With i1Basic Pro 2 you can quickly and easily create custom monitor and projector profiles that ensure the colors you view are true, verify soft proofs and print quality with built-in Quality Assurance (QA) tools, and easily capture and manage spot colors. Plus, with X-Rite ColorTRUE free mobile app you can even calibrate your Apple® iOS phone and tablet.
i1Basic Pro 2 combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional level color management for imaging pros.
- i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer. The most accurate and forward thinking profiling device available today – bringing a new level of accuracy, reliability, versatility and ease of use, it delivers an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization.
- i1Profiler Software for Monitors and Projectors. The latest release of i1Profiler software features basic and advanced modes for professionally calibrated and profiled displays and projectors, including new presets for video production workflows. Also includes display and printer quality assurance functions.
- PANTONE® Color Manager. Easily capture and manage spot colors, and keep your PANTONE libraries up to date with this color palette creation and swatch bridging software.
There’s never been a better time to invest in an i1Basic Pro 2 solution because we redesigned everything to maximize your profitability, efficiency and accuracy. The new i1Basic Pro 2 is easier to use, more versatile, accurate, reliable and affordable than any spectral color measurement solution available, making this a must-have product for Color Perfectionists.
i1Basic Pro 2. Color. Perfected.
The i1Basic Pro 2 is ideal for an imaging professionalʼs unique color workflow needs and includes:
- The extraordinary i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer
- The latest release of i1Profiler Software
- PANTONE Color Manager Software
- Extremely robust i1 accessories: Ambient Light Measurement Head, Monitor Holder, Scanning Ruler, Backup Board, Spot Color Positioning Target, Soft Carrying Case
- • ColorTRUE mobile app for calibrating Apple® iOS mobile phones and tablets
i1PRO 2 DEVICE
The most accurate, versatile and reliable profiling device available today
Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro 2 features the next generation of our industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization.
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument and ensures your investment well into the future.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now users can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions using a single hand-held device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode saving time and money on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device, assuring the highest level of reliability and productivity.
- Better temperature stability and higher brightness levels improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- All new diagnostics and self-correction features
Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows for self-diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications) eliminating worry about your device’s measurement accuracy.
- Maintaining and protecting the device (and investment) is easier than ever
Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt keeping your device working at top performance at all times.
- XRGA equipped
i1Pro 2 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it quicker and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain is reliable and repeatable.
i1Profiler, based upon X-Rite’s i1Prism color engine, offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and features a number of unique color management capabilities adding power and control in creating professional quality profiles. You can choose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface; or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors and projectors.
i1Profiler unique capabilities include:
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for monitors and projectors
- Optimize profiles based on ambient light
- Quality assurance for soft proofing on monitors and verifying output quality on printers
- Utilize presets for video production workflows
- Create profiles for any ambient light condition for optimal viewing of color critical work
- Unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings (also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets)
- Workgroup match utilizing reference profiles to match all monitors
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- X-Rite’s Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) to automatically control and adjust display hardware settings
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes – just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile – projected colors, screen color and room lighting
- Display quality assurance function to check soft proofing
- Printer quality assurance function to check print quality using ISO 12647-7 compliant media wedges (IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip, Fogra Media Wedge, Japan Color Control Strip).
- Capture and manage spot colors
- Automatically updates all PANTONE Color Libraries - and keeps them up to date
- Uses PANTONE PLUS Color Bridge values
- Builds palettes of best match PANTONE colors that are auto extracted from your own images
- Enables any library or palette, including palettes extracted from images, to be used in i1Profiler spot color optimization of printer Profiles.
- Builds ICC profile-based device-specific CMYK recipes for any PANTONE Graphics library
- Simulates and helps you visualize spot vs. 4-color process, including display and print gamut warnings to make it easy to identify any colors that cannot be properly printed on your target output device or properly displayed on your monitor
- Synchronizes spot color values to design applications
- iPad 2, 3rd gen, 4th gen, Air, Mini, & Mini 2nd gen running iOS 7.x or later
- iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5c, & 5s running iOS 7.x or later
- iPod Touch running iOS 7.x or later
i1Profiler specific capabilities include:
Quality Assurance (QA)
COLORTRUE MOBILE APP SUPPORT
i1Pro 2 is supported in X-Rite ColorTRUE mobile app. This free app extends your calibration power to profile iOS mobile phones and tablets. In just minutes, you’ll achieve the perfect mobile to desktop color match.
PANTONE COLOR MANAGER
COLORTRUE MOBILE DEVICE COMPATIBILITY
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought it for a substantial discount refurbished by Amazon. It turned out to unused as far as I could tell, probably older stock because the software that came with it was about 12 months out of date. That was easily fixed by a download from X-Rite. The instrument is mostly black and if it is handled you will leave fingerprints or small lint. There was not a trace of this, so I doubt it was ever used. The only clue that the instrument case was even opened was a missing USB cable - easily replaced for a few $$.
I was concerned about registering it at X-Rite - no problems.
The instrument calibrates its 2 internal light sources by measuring the intensity of the spectrum produced by them before almost every measurement. So the fact that it was likely manufactured a year ago, especially since probably never used, was no problem for sensor drift, etc..
I used the instrument to calibrate my Dell U2410 IPS monitor and Epson R3000 printer with the X-Rite iProfiler software and was very satisfied.
It can also me used to measure and calibrate external light sources, such as a projector.
HINT: The adapter you need to reduce the intensity of the light coming into the spectrometer's sensor is found on the base of the base weighted 90 degree mount, almost invisibly mated to the top side of the base. Give it a 90 degree twist and it is yours! Now just twist it on over the spectrometer's sensor opening and then slide off the protective cover.
For the more technically inclined that want to pursue a deeper understanding of light sources and color, the instrument is actually a compact spectrometer - that is, it uses a grating to disburse and measure the light entering it into 36 10-nm bands between deep violet through green and yellow to a very deep red. There are calibrated receptors physically located within the bands to measure the intensity of the light in each band.
For advanced use, it marries perfectly with the PatchTool and CT&A software from BabelColor. I used CT&A to examine various lighting sources I employ and their effect on viewing color prints illuminated by them with much greater detail than iProfiler software allows. For example, I found the reason I had to reduce the blue saturation by 50% in a print to match the original painting almost perfectly (under indirect daylight) even though I had taken the picture with 5500K compact florescent lamps (CFL photolamps) and used the X-Rite Color Checker to balance the color in Adobe Lightroom. The reason: CFLs produce light with an intense spike at (440-nm) in the blue region that over-emphasized the blues in the print. Fascinating stuff!
Since I got this system and put it to work and calibrated my system, I bought two large format printers and they have come out in the prints, exactly the way I see it on my screen.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this system and it is worth every single penny. It has saved my business and even allowed me to start to expand my work.
I just cannot say enough, of how important one of these systems are, if you are or are looking at doing professional photography. It is a MUST have.
Product manuals are non-existent, all you get is a quick start guide. Unbelievable for a $1300 technical product.
Top reviews from other countries
That said I then went onto the X-Rite website and the download options were very clear I have now downloaded the software and am about to connect the hardware.
To be honest should have been in outer box to protect the goods inside from being in open view.
Neben der Softwre von X-Rite, funktionieren für BenQ-Monitore auch Palette Master Elements und für Projektoren die kostenlose legale Freeware HCFR. Mit HCFR arbeitet der i1 Pro2 sogar Plug & Play!