Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: XM XADH1 Universal Dock-and-Play Home Kit (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 18, 2011
I bought this to use my Onyx in the house without having to buy a second radio and subscription. To that end it works fine. I had intended to use the FM link instead of plugging it into a stereo or speakers. Wrong. This unit will not work with the FM link like the car kit does. You must plug it into a stereo system or powered speakers.

The antenna has quite a long cable on it which is good as I had to install it in my attic to get reception.

While I'm disappointed with the lack of the FM link I am still mostly satisfied with the dock. I would reccomend it to others.
on April 26, 2010
This product works and I would encourage anyone who wants to listen to XM radio in their home to purchase this product.
on September 5, 2012
The XM XADH1 doesn't actually fit the Sirius Radio shown. I ordered one and the back of the radio doesn't match the back of the stand, so you cannot use the device as the radio will not fit the stand.

I also tried to use the power cord that came with the universal dock to power the radio in its stand (used in the car) and the power outlet does not fit that stand. Very poor selection of products to sell in combination. Misleading to the comsumer who buys this. Readers should be aware that just because Amazon bundles products like this, they may not actually check to see that the products fit together. In my case I was not able to use my car Sirius unless it was in the car. The product didn't do what they said it would.
on September 27, 2014
PLEASE TAKE OFF THE PICTURE! This item does not include the actual radio, and it does not say that anywhere in the description. This is the dock only, misleading advertising.
on October 7, 2010
We travel quite a bit and having XM has made our trips much more enjoyable. Not having to constantly search for music, talk and news we wan in the vehicle and its great. We use the FM connect in the vehicle and the direct connect dock at home and in the RV.
on June 3, 2012
I am brand new to SiriusXM and bought the satellite radio with the vehicle kit. I also wanted to be able to move my dock and play receiver into the house, so I got on Amazon to order the home kit. On the seller's listing, the picture shows a new kit, with the box, and I assumed instructions and everything else you would get if you went to a store and purchased this kit. That is not what I received. It appears that I have all the pieces that are to be included in this kit, but they are in a plastic bag. No box, no instructions. I am less than impressed with the seller and feel that the product has been a bit mis-represented. I am heading over to the SiriusXM website now to look for an instruction manual download.
on August 9, 2011
This universal dock works easily and flawlessly to give satellite radio in your home, but only with some advance setup of the antenna. Moreover, even though the price from Amazon is reasonable, there could be an easier and more cost effective solution as I explain below.

I use this to power an Xpress XM radio that was in my wife's car but is now no longer needed in the vehicle. We have a distributed home music system that was planned in advance, and mounted an XM antenna on the roof with a cable run already installed that connects where we situate the radio. This works well, but a potential pitfall with the home unit is there if you can't get a signal conveniently. Placement of the antenna is key to this and some people may need help with that. The unit itself has three connections: the antenna, the power input, and an output jack that feeds an amplifier, music distribution system, receiver, etc. Hookup is obvious and it works with no problem. With the aid of an infrared extender the radio can be controlled from anywhere in our house using the remote control originally supplied with the system.

The three connections mentioned above are actually identical in all respects to the connections on the car mounted unit. In fact all we really needed to get was the right power cord and that unit would have worked equally well. This is a much cheaper option, but the correct power cord was not available from XM, or from any of the local stores I checked including Radio Shack, Best Buy, and a couple of others. Cords that might work are available online very cheaply, but the specification on the unit calls for a fairly high current and I was not confident that a cable shipped sight unseen from overseas would turn out to work. In the end I decided to spend (or overspend) the money and buy the kit. However I feel that one should have been able to get the cable alone for under $5, and for that reason I give this 4 stars instead of five.
on July 19, 2010
Works as advertised. Bought the Onyx XM and the dock and play does the job at home. Easy to set up.
on December 7, 2011
This is so great. I can hook it up to my stereo and enjoy it at home. I am finally using that 400 dollar stereo that sits in the corner, We have no local radio stations that come in clear. I live in the hills and thought I would have problems with the antenna but I droped it on the floor while I was setting up and it even got reception there. If you want to really enjoy your paid satilite radio go for it and spend the 40 bucks. Very easy set up too. I have become a tech product hater. I can't even turn on the new cell phones, but I got this set up without a problem.
VINE VOICEon March 24, 2010
I recently purchased and activated an XM radio. By adding this home docking kit I am also now able to play XM radio in the house, through my stereo system. XM has become even more of a bargain. Very happy I made this move. Set-up was easy...the antenna is sitting inside, near a southward window, mainly picking up XM's terrestrial signals. Works great. Still 3 bars of reception, as I receive in the car.