Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 227 reviews
on December 10, 2014
Update to original purchase on 3-9-15... (today is 3-18-17)

As a professional IT person of 20 years, I am fussy over what I buy. My loyalty can change instantly if see an OEM gets worse or better. While XFX has not been my first choice for this video chipset, Sapphire and EVGA did not have HD 5450 cards in stock at the time when I needed to order six units.

So I bought six units..

After two years, most of the 6 cards I bought failed or had driver and performance issues.

Even worse, the warranty is just two years and if you miss the warranty by even one week, they have NO sympathy.

I suggest that if you need an AMD solution, stick with Sapphire.
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
Decent low end card. I used a few of these as replacements for older ATI X300/600 cards and P4 class Windows XP machines and even a very low cost Windows 7 build. Do not expect to run FPS games at high frame-rates. But for the occasional Youtube HD video and even h.264/MPEG-4 videos this will do the trick.

This XFX 5450 card does NOT have the wrap-around heatsink on it so it truly only takes up one slot. However, if considering this for an HTPC, you definitely want good case cooling. Especially if taking up a single slot is an issue for you because of space.

Five star rating is based on this product as relates to the expected performance for the price. There are five hundred dollar cards and there are thirty dollar cards and there are reasons why. For a thirty dollar card, this one is great.
on June 9, 2014
I purchased two (2) of these graphics adapters to upgrade a Dell Optiplex 745 and a friends P4 class Gateway (UUGH).
Merchandise arrived on time and was well packaged. The cards were new and clean with no bent ears due to mishandling.
(Sometimes things get dropped) (OOPSEY). Card installed easily in both machines and drivers installed from the included driver CD without incident in windows XP and Windows 7. CD includes Catalyst Control Center (if that means anything to you) and install was Gravy. This card also works well with windows 8 / 8.1 and VISTA for you poor unfortunates still running that Beautiful Bloatware OS. I like the AMD sound crossover feature which pipes the pc sound output through the HDMI cable to your HDTV.
Card has VGA, HDMI and DVI output connectors. Card comes configured as standard height with low profile adapter plates included. The card has low power consumption for it's class and uses Passive Cooling (no fan) and so occupies only 1 slot.
This card works fine in an optiplex 745 although that box has a Miniscule power supply.

Now The Rub: When in low-profile configuration the VGA connector can only mount on the inboard slot because the VGA ribbon cable is too short to loop over the top of the card for mounting on the outboard slot.
The Optiplex 745 SFF has it's pcie slot on the inboard and a plain pci slot on the outboard. With the short cable there is no place to mount the vga connector. SUCKS. (This part Not Gravy). One (1) more inch of ribbon and I could have mounted in outboard in the empty pci slot. I MEAN IT ALMOST FIT!. One inch. This is the manufacturers fault. XFX. Now get this: XFX offers (on amazon) a low-profile adapter kit that boasts a longer cable! That roasts my nuts just a little.

Gateway was full height install. Gravy.

Great card (with slight caveat) I'm mostly happy. Buy it.
on January 3, 2015
This card has been seemless so far with Lenovo and HP desktops with ATI chipsets that were upgraded to support dual monitors. Works great with Win 7 and 8 64 bit.
It was a little scary at first when you plug the card in and there is video loss for 10 minutes, only because windows is searching for a driver. After 10 minutes, I got video!! Pop the CD in with drivers and never looked back since.
No cooling fans equal no mechanical defects in near future. bought 5 cards so far, Excellent product for the price .
on April 2, 2015
I have a Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop for streaming video and Youtube etc, connected to my large screen TV. The Dell didn't come with an HDMI like my prior ACER did, and this inexpensive unit fit perfectly in the PCI-express slot. I had issues with prior cards because they were too high for this compact desktop. Now I have HDMI video and audio to the TV. The difference is remarkable. The other matter is the low power draw which in the case of some video cards can overpower your power supply. Not a problem with this unit.

Installation was a pain. The included software kept hanging. So here's what you have to do to get it to work - on the Dell at least:

Do not install the card yet!

1) Restart your Dell and hit F2 to enter the boot setup.
2) arrow down to the Video section and click on "Enable auto select" (This tells the computer to be aware of a PCI-E enabled video card).
3) Start windows and (on Win7 at least) goto "Control Panel"
4) Click on "Hardware and Sound"
5) Under "Devices and Printers" click on "Device Manager"
6) Click on "Display Adapters" to expand the selection
7) Open the standard display adapter and click on "Driver"
8) Click "Uninstall" and when prompted with the warning, click to continue with the uninstall.
9) Turn off your computer and install the card.
10) Boot the computer and you should receive a warning that the display card is not compatible with the software.
11) Go to the Radeon site at http://support.amd.com/en-us/download# and download the driver.
12) Open your download folder and run the software.

That's it. (You may have to reboot when the software is installed).
on February 26, 2014
Added to an older Pentium D box I just re-purposed into a HTPC so it could handle large MKVs. Runs 1080p @ 20-30% cpu utilization via HDMI which is pretty amazing for an older machine. For comparison the onboard graphics couldn't handle 720p+ without shuttering and the CPU was pinned @>80%.

Not the newest tech by three generations but for content playback, streaming, or basic tasks its a significant improvement over most 3+ yr old MB graphics.

Low power draw and low profile form factor are a bonus as well, and were contributing factors in my purchase.
on December 9, 2015
I am rating this 3 stars because the product INSIDE the box and padded envelope came bent. The packaging itself wasn't damaged. The metal plate that attaches this card to the inside of the computer was bent at almost a 45 degree angle. I have no idea how that happened. It was completely unusable and we had to request a replacement. The replacement came very quickly and was in perfect condition.

** My suggestion - be really careful about ordering computer parts online. I would recommend purchasing things like this in-person at a local store if you can.

The product itself is great for the price. My husband needed a replacement graphics card to handle World of Warcraft (Warlords of Draenor expansion as of this review's date), and it defaulted his graphics settings in-game to high quality, which is really decent considering his desktop PC is a few years old and runs Windows 7. He's lowered the game's graphics settings to handle mass players and objects on the screen, but the fps smoothness and graphic detail is really nice overall. Adding this card allowed his computer to have the capability to upgrade to Windows 10.

Again, nice product for the price. I was worried it would break. We purchased it in October and it has had no problems as far as we can tell. The packaging looked legit - no strange markings on the package or the card.
on April 6, 2015
Bought this card specifically for Direct X 11 since some of my programs require the newer version. This card can handle nearly three times what my old on-board card did. Not a high end card, but very, very good for the price. Monitors worked immediately after plug in, but had a horrible time trying to install the AMD Catalyst drivers. It took nearly two days. If your old video card is still showing in the windows device manager, then it will try to install the catalyst driver to your old card (Caused my system to crash repeatedly). I resolved the issue by going into the motherboard BIOS and disabling my old video card completely, which is something I should have done from the start, I guess. All low profile brackets were included.

Over all, extremely satisfied with this purchase.

System Specs:
Phenom II X4 965 Black AM3 3.4Ghz Processor
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard
16GB DDR3 RAM
Viotek 850 Watt Power Supply
4TB Hard Drive w/250GB SSD
on April 15, 2015
Overall this card is good if you want to have multiple monitors on a system that otherwise can't. I've bought three of these for that purpose, and they have all come with the low profile brackets in addition to the full size. The ribbon cable is long enough if the VGA bracket is on the bottom of the card. If you have to mount the VGA bracket on the other side you won't have enough cable to mount it properly. I have one motherboard where this is the only configuration that will work, so I had to connext the VGA cable inside the case and it looks really bad.
I love passive cooled video cards, mostly because I always seem to have fan failures or noise. However this one does get hot if you don't have much air flow. I have one that hangs on a benchmark, and I think it's due to heat.
The performance really isn't much better than some on board video, but putting these in light weight systems will hopefully free up some resources.
on November 4, 2015
Bought this card due to what I thought was an onboard vid failure, however, that wasn't the case. Installed the card after replacing my hdd and removed the card. My older onboard graphics is much better even though this card is supposedly the upgraded version. Still worth keeping around just in case.