Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

• XII
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on August 3, 2014
Got Modern Life a long time ago, got Another Long Night Out recently, like both, thought I'd look into his back catalog. When I looked at the back of this one and saw all of the "featured" artists, I was afraid there would be many vocals, so I put off listening for a week. Today, made myself skip through it a bit; think I heard four instrumentals out of twelve cuts. Sometimes a jazz album will have a vocal or two that are tolerable due to thoughtful lyrics; this does not appear to be one of those occasions. Like another reviewer said, should have been more careful before ordering this.
on January 12, 2012
Overall, I say this is one of Culbertson's best work, but I did find some cons with the pros.

If you enjoy his music for his instrumentals, you will be satisfied with the following tracks:
"It's Time," "Waiting For You," "Stay Wit It," "Forever," "That's Life" and "I Don't Know."

If you're annoyed with vocals that adulterate a good instrumental artist's album, this one is not for you.

This album is just like Its On Tonight because there are great instrumentals that really show Culbertson's talent as a contemporary jazz recording artist, but, in my opinion, the vocals ruin the overall elegance of his work.

However, Culbertson does showcase some amazing elements of funk into some of the instrumental tunes, which really saves the album.

I would still recommend this album to any Culbertson fan, but not as highly as I initially would after listening to it.
on September 11, 2012
I'm a big fan of Brian so maybe my review will be a little biased :))

Anyways, XII is an album that will keep your head bobbin' and make you want to dance wheather it's a funky song like "Feelin' it" and "It's time", beautiful slow song like "Forever" or a beautiful sensual song like "I wanna love you". My actual favourite on this CD is the last track "I don't know".

I could go on for hours on how Brian is an extremely gifted musician who is able to provide wonderful songs that make you want to stop everything that you're doing and just enjoy all the riches of sound of his songs. I won't do that, I will only heartily recommend it and say you won't regret it :)
on October 5, 2010
Brian has done it again!! I initially said that Brian's new CD was just "pretty good" and I gave it 3-1/2 stars. However after LISTENING to the ENTRIE CD, I felt compelled to update my review. This CD is not just pretty good, its VERY GOOD and I give it 4.5 stars!! I was a bit skeptical at first by the guest singers on the CD, Avant, Faith, and Brian McKnight, however after taking the time to listen to the entire CD, the overall CD definitely outweighs the 1 or 2 not so good collaborations. Im not saying that the collaborations aren't good, but Brian's solo efforts are the bomb!! I definitely know what Brian was trying to do and it works however I just would've liked to have heard collaborations with maybe Will Downing, Chaka Khan, or even Joe. If you like Brian Culbertson, then this CD is classic Brian!! Thanks B...it was worth the wait! :-)
on March 12, 2017
Although my style is more to the upbeat side I found this CD quite nice.
on November 3, 2016
I absolutely love this CD. Me and my husband saw him and the band perform Live in Oakland a couple of years ago and he had a band member sing a few of these songs and I knew then, that I had to have the original album. I am not disappointed.
on October 28, 2010
To all those who enjoy good music,you need to check this out!! This cd has it all amazing beats, ballards from inspirational singers, an oldie but goodie back ground and you can`t get better than that piano,organ and horn combination that sets every other instrument on fire. It takes you back to the sounds of the 70`s and 80`s then catapults you back to today. Every one listening to this cd will appreciate what has been a long adventure but one filled with fun and enthusiasm!! So sit back with your favorite girl ,cup of joe, or even your in-laws!! Cause this fill good cd is gonna Rock you into a experience of naughty and nice yet smooth and very,very soothing!
on March 12, 2017
Great addition to my collection.
on May 6, 2015
what can I say that hasn't been said by others.Brian(cubby) Culbertson is right up there on top with his game.The "kid" is so smooth for his young age and I have followed him since the 90's and have most of his work.Love him.X11 is a smash with me.thank you.
on December 31, 2016
I love this artist. I have a lot of his CD"s already. thanks
for it arriving on time and in excellent condition.