Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 252 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 256 reviews
on February 5, 2013
For the earlier complaints. To rotate pieces you must double tap. Unfortunately the pieces only rotate one direction and can be annoying when you you have to turn multiple pieces in a row 270 degrees.

Secondly, if you are missing a piece it is probably under the puzzle. If you double click on a piece but hit the completed part of the puzzle by mistake the program will put the puzzle on top of the piece. Just move the puzzle to the side and drop the piece back in the box.

Occasionally the program will not let you pick up a piece in the box. Just come back to it later. Doesn't seem to take away game play to me.

This does take away from game play and is why I give it a 4 star and not a 5. The puzzle permanently connects pieces when they are correctly matched. That is great, but it will only connect them if they are rotated the correct direction. Because of this, if you know two pieces go together, you can keep trying to connect them and rotating until you have them the correct direction. The program would be better if you could connect them and then rotate them as a set just like a real puzzle.
on February 5, 2013
It is still Winter here where I am at and most likely Summer for those South of the Equator. Fortunately with today's free app of the day I got from Amazon it doesn't matter since this is Magic Puzzles: Seasons.

Unlike most other season themed games that tend to focus on one of the four seasons, this includes all 4 seasons so there are jigsaw puzzles to put together with Summer-like scenes or Winter-like scenes or Spring or Autumn if you prefer to do one out of season.

There are approximately 20 puzzles you can put together that are included in this app. There are 4 different levels where each level has a different specific number of pieces to put together. You can make it rather simple with only 35 pieces in the puzzle or make it rather difficult with 216 pieces or pick one of the 2 levels in the middle. To make it more difficult you can fix the puzzle where you have to rotate the pieces to fit them correctly into the puzzle.

There are some minor negatives for which combined I deducted one star for:

1. Even though you have an option to show only the edge pieces, I found it to be somewhat annoying that the edge pieces could still be dragged off the screen even though I had put together the entire boundary of the puzzle. It would have been nice to have this app be intelligent to know that those pieces are in the right places and have them locked into place so they can't be accidentally moved around once you complete the border.

2. I found that beat noise made when you select the pieces or rotate them to be quite annoying. It would have been nice to use different sound effects for different actions.

3. I would have preferred another tune or two besides the one included with the app. But this issue is rather minor since one could just turn off the music in the app and play an mp3 of their choosing from their device or cloud drive.

4. Finally, the app could use a little work on the responsiveness of selecting things. I found myself having to select things a few extra times quite often.

But since all these above issues are somewhat minor, I am giving this one 4 out of 5 stars.
on November 17, 2012
This puzzle app is very entertaining and does present some challenge at the expert level. The downside to this app is it does not seem to have a "save progress" feature if you need to save your work half-way thru a puzzle. If you need to close the app, you will lose the puzzle you are currrently working on. It really needs a save button. I hope the creators will add one.
on February 5, 2013
This puzzle set contains gorgeous photographs. I was getting frustrated with the seemingly poor response to touch until I discovered hint #1 below. There are a couple of other tips that hopefully will be of help to someone else.
1 Don't drag puzzle pieces from the scroll bar; tap them and then place them. To put them back in the scroll bar, drag them.
2) There are two modes of play. One is with all puzzle pieces right side up. In this mode, pieces cannot be rotated. The other is with "Rotate pieces" enabled. The button that enables rotation is to the immediate left of the START button.
3) The puzzle did not lose any pieces for me. However, they may be covered up when the partially assembled puzzle is accidentally dragged.
This is not the most intuitive puzzle game, and definitely should be made more user friendly. Nevertheless, I ended up enjoying it.
on February 5, 2013
After spending more time trying this puzzle app -
I found myself really enjoying the music and layout style of the puzzle and of course the pictures are beautiful. It was relaxing and can see myself using it often until the 20 puzzles are completed. Actually you can extend game play by repeating a puzzle with a higher cut (more pieces). This app is something to definitely grab today while free and hold on to. Check back often to see if an update has added more pictures and if they fixed the missing / misplaced issues. I don't use the rotate option so I cant comment on that but hopefully that would be corrected as well. So overall I did rate it higher now due to the simplicity and beauty. It is relaxing.
Florida Mom.

Ps. About missing pieces.
I had one out of three puzzles that had a missing piece. No I did not do any tapping or shuffling of pieces during game play ...( I can pay attention! ) it was just one piece short at the end. No I did not go hunting under the puzzle ( really? on a tablet ) I shouldn't have to look for it outside of the puzzle area..or at all! ( Common sense tells me if I want a puzzle missing pieces ... to pull out a boxed puzzle from my closet.)
This would be 5 stars for sure if issues resolved. Very nice puzzle app. Worth. 99 with only 20 photos.
on February 5, 2013
I only played one first level puzzle and it worked pretty Good. So I thought the bad reviews were right when at the end I was missing a piece. But in the bottom right hand corner there is a puzzle shaped button in between two others. I pressed this twice and the missing piece appeared. I think it was because I had the piece on the board and it got covered by other pieces. I don't know if this will work on all of the puzzles but it worked for me. Beautiful puzzles :)
on February 5, 2013
don't know what the negative reviews were about. I was able to save games. rotate pieces and no missing parts. at the menu you click the button to enable rotation. if you think you're missing parts just be sure you haven't. toggled the button to show only edges. easy to slide the puzzle to look underneath too. when leaving game when I returned I always had the option to resume my game. be sure you have selected the same puzzle picture and your game will be there.
beautiful pictures. easy to use. lovely classical music which can be muted.
all in all a great game. even better as it was free today
on February 5, 2013
The photos are beautiful and at the higher difficulties it seems much like working a real puzzle, without the space requirements. i didn't run into the problem of the puzzle not saving that others mentioned, in fact I've returned to it a couple times in hopes it would work better. I could not get it to rotate the pieces on my Kindle Fire HD. When another reviewer mentioned a setting for rotate I thought that would solve the problem... but it didn't. : (
on September 24, 2012
I have the free download of Magic Puzzle and it works better than the one I paid for! The Free app- the puzzle pieces move to where you want and you can pause in the middle of the puzzle and it will pull up where ever you left it, with the bought version the pieces are hard to move and if you place a piece where it should go- sometimes it will not lock where it suppose to go- it gets old fast. The very 1st time that I used this new app, I had a message pop up that said something about the program being terminated and you don't get a choice so it closes your puzzle and I was in the middle of a large puzzle and it didn't save - it was gone. At first I thought it was just this one picture that I really wanted to finish (it closed out 3 times and never saved!!!) but then I tried another picture and it happened to that one also. So I am not impressed and would have a hard time paying for another magic puzzle!!!
on February 5, 2013
I have worked four of the puzzles so far and haven't had any of the problems some reviewers have mentioned. I'm playing on the Kindle Fire 8.9 I have experienced a little bit of jumpiness when I'm dragging pieces from the right side, but that's all.

I don't know why it says you need Adobe Air because I don't have that program and it works anyway. I expected it to tell me I needed it when I downloaded the app and just downloaded the app without searching the store for the Air app. Who knows?

I've had other puzzle apps of this type and this one seems the best so far.